Sony WF-L900 LinkBuds True Wireless Earbuds
Keep every world on
LinkBuds connect all your worlds perfectly with an open ring design that allows you to hear calls, music and other online content anytime, as well as the ambient sounds around you transparently, feeling nothing on your ear. Small and light with super fit styling for hours of comfortable wearing, they ensure you're always connected to your life, so you'll never miss a thing.
Super small and light
Approximately four grams in weight and extremely small, LinkBuds are a marvel of miniaturisation. Unlike conventional earbuds, the protective surface covering the speaker diaphragm is integrated within the housing, saving space.
Comfortable and secure fit
LinkBuds combine a shape that perfectly matches the human ear with an ergonomic design for a more stable fit. We've designed LinkBuds utilising extensive ear shape data collated since introducing the world's first in-ear headphones in 1982. See our "How to" video for better wearing and listening.
Connected and aware
A newly developed ring-type driver unit with the centre of the diaphragm open for audio transparency allows you to clearly hear the sounds around you. So, you'll hear when someone calls your name during a call and can chat with friends while listening to music.
Ultra clear, noise-free calls
With precise voice pickup technology with advanced audio signal processing, the person on the other end of the call will hear your voice clearly, even when you are in noisy situations. Our noise reduction algorithm was developed using AI machine learning using more than 500 million voice samples to suppress ambient noise and extract your voice clearly in a wide range of environments.
Authentic, natural sound
Enjoy well balanced, high quality sound with a clear mid-high range. Our Integrated Processor V1 reproduces all the detail in your music with minimal distortion for an authentic listening experience. A specially designed 12mm ring driver with a high compliance (low recoil) diaphragm provides rich, well-balanced sound.
Give your favourite music a boost
When an original music source is compressed, it loses the high-frequency elements that add detail and richness to a track. Our Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE) faithfully restores these to produce high-quality sound that's closer to the original recording.
Simply tap near the ear
LinkBuds may be small but that doesn't mean they're difficult to use. With Wide Area Tap, you can use double or triple taps in front of either of your ears to control your music playback - so there's no need to touch the LinkBuds themselves to operate.[1, 2]
Automatically adjusts sound volume to your environment
Adaptive Volume Control is a smart function that automatically optimises volume based on where you are. Enjoy lower volume in quiet places and higher volume in noisier environments.
Talk and hear only ambient sound
You can set Speak-to-Chat to automatically pause the music as soon as you speak to someone, so you can hear just ambient sound and conduct a conversation - handy if you want to keep your headphones on or your hands are full. And once your chat is over, your music starts playing again automatically. This is based on Precise Voice Pickup Technology, with advanced audio signal processing.
Better mobility through technology
Sony and Microsoft have come together to develop technology that helps people better navigate through the world. LinkBuds support the Microsoft Soundscape app. The unique integration enables innovative experiences for richer 3D audio-based navigation thanks to the uniquely transparent, open ear audio design, while sensors embedded in LinkBuds allow for a true heads-up and hands-free experience. [6, 7]
Control with your voice
Get hands-free help. Just say "OK Google" or "Alexa" to activate your preferred voice assistant. Enjoy entertainment, connect with friends, get information, listen to music and notifications, set reminders, and more. You can even control your headphones' features like checking out the remaining battery level with your voice. You can also listen to and interact with your emails in Microsoft Outlook and join Microsoft Teams using Google Assistant or Siri.
Find your headphones with Fast Pair
LinkBuds support Google's helpful new Fast Pair feature. In one tap of pop-up guidance, LinkBuds enable quick, effortless Bluetooth pairing with your Android devices. You can easily locate where you left your headphones by ringing them or checking their last known location on your smartphone. You'll even receive a notification when your headphones battery is running low, so you know when to charge them.
Easy pairing with your computer
Swift Pair makes it quick and easy to pair your LinkBuds with your Windows 11 or Windows 10 laptop, desktop PC or tablet. Pop-up pairing guidance appears on nearby Windows 11 or Windows 10 devices when pairing mode is selected.
Quick access to your favourite music
With Quick access, you can configure LinkBuds to resume Spotify playback with just a couple of taps - no need to touch your smartphone.
Recycled plastic materials
LinkBuds use recycled plastic materials from automobile parts.
No plastic in individual packaging
No plastic is included in the packaging material for LinkBuds, reflecting Sony's commitment to reducing the environmental impact of our products. 
Water resistant for everyday use
With an IPX4 water resistance rating splashes and sweat won't stop these headphones - so you can keep on moving to the music.
A clearer, more stable Bluetooth signal
For low latency and high sound quality, even around other interference, the Bluetooth® signal is transmitted to both ears at the same time. Thanks to the powerful Integrated Processor V1, you'll enjoy stable, skip-free, wireless sound. (A) Conventional L to R Relay BT Transmission. (B) LinkBuds L/R Simultaneous BT Transmission.
Listen all day, charge in minutes
You can enjoy a full working day of charge - 5.5 hours - from your headphones and store another 12 hours in the case. That means a full 17.5 hours of listening time every time you leave the house. In a hurry? Just a 10 minute quick charge gives you up to 90 minutes of play time, and the Sony | Headphones Connect app will even notify you when your charging case drops below 30%.
Small, perfectly formed case
Ultra-small with a stylish rounded design, the charging case fits comfortably in your hand or pockets for life on the go. Open with a simple button press.
What's in the box
Open up the packaging for your LinkBuds and you'll find 5 sizes of arc support to suit different ear shapes and a USB-C charging cable.
So immersive. So real.
Immerse yourself in sound all around you. As real as if you are there at a live concert or with the artist recording in a studio. With 360 Reality Audio, music has never been so immersive and so real. These headphones let you enjoy 360 Reality Audio.
1. To adjust operation of your LinkBuds tap between the earlobe and the fovea, and from above the auricle to below the earlobe.
2. The headset may not operate correctly due to coughing or when attaching/detaching accessories around the ears. When the headset reacts incorrectly, turn the wide area tap off using the "Sony | Headphones Connect" app.
3. Set the function to "ON" from the Sony | Headphones Connect app.
4. In rare cases, Speak-to-Chat may unintentionally start up in response to vibrations caused by devices such as electric toothbrushes, electric massagers and electric shavers, and activities such as brushing teeth, coughing or humming.
5. Set the function to "ON" from the Sony | Headphones Connect app. To deactivate Speak-to-Chat and return to your music immediately, tap either the left or right touch panel. Otherwise, music will resume playing by default 15 seconds after your conversation ends in Speak-to-Chat mode. This timeframe can be customised using the Sony | Headphones Connect app.
6. Requires having the app installed on your iOS device. Please see details on https://apps.apple.com/app/id1240320677 Microsoft and Soundscape are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies
7. Sony is not responsible for any damages that may occur in connection with the use of Soundscape application with this product. You understand that you use this product at your own risk.
8. The feature to activate Google Assistant by saying "Hey Google" is only available for Android devices. Google, Google Assistant and Android are trademarks of Google LLC. Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The Google Assistant and Alexa are not available in all languages and countries/regions. Install the Google Assistant app and set up with Sony | Headphones Connect app. For Amazon Alexa, install the Amazon Alexa app and set up with Sony | Headphones Connect app.
9. Only available for Google Assistant. Please see details on https://support.google.com/assistant/answer/7172842#headphones
10. Requires having the app installed on your Android™ device or iOS device. Microsoft, Outlook and Teams are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.
11. Install the Spotify app and set up with Sony | Headphones Connect app. Spotify service may not be available in some countries/regions. Spotify and all other trademarks related to the Spotify brand are the sole property of Spotify AB.
12. Coating and adhesive materials excluded.
13. Protection assured against water splashing from any angle, excluding the ring driver unit. The charging case is not water resistant.
14. 5.5hrs (earbuds) + 12hrs (charging case ), total 17.5hrs when using Bluetooth® connection.
15. XS-size fitting supporters are shown in this image. Default is M-size.
16. Sony | Headphones Connect App is needed. Requires subscription to a music streaming service -subscription fees apply. Some services may not be available in certain countries/regions.
17. Actual colour and dimension may differ from the screen image.
18. Colours & features of the product shown may differ by model and country.
19. Services availability depends on region. A part or whole of software/services installed into or accessible through the product may be changed, discontinued, removed, suspended, or terminated without notice.
20. Features and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
High power neodymium magnets
FREQUENCY RESPONSE(BLUETOOTH® COMMUNICATION)
20Hz -20,000Hz (44.1kHz sampling)
What's In The Box
USB Cable: USB Type-C® cable
BATTERY CHARGE METHOD
USB Charging (with Case)
BATTERY LIFE(CONTINUOUS MUSIC PLAYBACK TIME)
Max. 5.5 hrs
BATTERY LIFE(CONTINUOUS COMMUNICATION TIME)
Max. 2.5 hrs
BATTERY LIFE(WAITING TIME)
Max. 11 hrs
Bluetooth Specification Version 5.2
2.4GHz band (2.4000GHz -2.4835GHz)
A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
SUPPORTED AUDIO FORMAT(S)
SUPPORTED CONTENT PROTECTION
Approx. 34 g
Approx 41.4 x 48.5 x 30.9mm
As a domestic traveller you will not be entitled to any duty free allowance and personal goods concession.
You are however able to purchase any item(s) on The Mall and take them with you on your domestic flight but please bear in mind :
- If you purchase for a flight that is departing from Auckland Airport, your items will need to fit into your carry on luggage or be safely packed into your checked in luggage
New Zealand's domestic flight carriers have restrictions when it comes to the weight and size of your carry on luggage and what can be carried on board. For more information see Cabin Allowances.
- If you purchase for a flight that is arriving into Auckland Airport there are no restrictions as you will be collecting your order after your flight has landed.
Your order can be picked up from The Mall's Collection Point in the Domestic Terminal before you pass through security, located between 3 Wise Men and Travelex. See map
You will need to bring your order confirmation email and your driver's licence or valid photo identification to collect your order.
If you purchase for a flight that is departing from Auckland Airport, your order will be ready to collect 1 hour before your flight departs. Your order must be collected at least 30 minutes before you depart. If you purchase for a flight that is arriving into Auckland Airport, your order will be ready to collect when you arrive.
Now, you can also place an order without traveling. Select 'Pick Up On Arrival' when adding items to cart and use the dummy flight number NZ420 as the flight code. You can select a pick up date that works for you.
When you collect your order you will have the opportunity to inspect your items and sign for them. If you are not fully satisfied with an item then our Collection Point team will be able to assist you with any returns. Our Returns & refunds provides information on how this works and also outlines the individual Retailer's returns & refunds policies.