ASUS Chromebook CX1101CMA 11.6" HD
ASUS Chromebook CX1 (CX1101) - Get more done every day, from anywhere
ASUS Chromebook CX1 is made for boosting productivity and having more fun while on the move — all day, every day. This lightweight, ultraportable device is powered by up to a quad-core Intel® processor and gives you the freedom of up to 13-hour battery life. The slim-bezel design fits more screen into the compact chassis for easy multitasking and incredibly immersive entertainment, and the device is your gateway to the best of Google, including the rich library of apps for work or play on the Google Play. With speedy performance, robust security and convenient features, ASUS Chromebook CX1 is not only perfect for students — it’s ideal for anyone on the go!
Design - Modern, stylish and ultraportable
ASUS Chromebook CX1 embodies pure style and portability with a lightweight, 1.24 kg chassis and a distinctively trendy look and feel. Designed for empowering on-the-go lifestyles, it’s always ready to go wherever your day takes you.
- 1.24 kg light
- 19.5 mm thin
- Compact 11.6”
Durability - Tough enough to take anywhere
With structural reinforcements to boost chassis strength, ASUS Chromebook CX1 is solidly built and provides durability for all your travels. It also meets next-level and industry-leading MIL-STD 810H US military tests3, which are more rigorous and demanding than ever before. Additionally, the device undergoes stringent in-house testing — including panel-pressure, shock and drop tests — for ensuring maximal toughness, so you don’t have to worry about everyday knocks and bumps.
- Shock Test - Withstands three harsh shocks in each direction at a force of 120 G / 3 ms.
- Panel Pressure Test - Laptop must endure 25 kg of force on the lid and bottom without LCD panel damage.
- Keyboard Durability Test - Designed for a lifespan of up to 10,000,000 keystrokes.
- Hinge Test - Subjects the laptop to up to 30,000 open-and-close cycles.
- Spill-resistance Test - Copes with up to 60 cc of liquid without harm.
- Drop Test - Dropped from 120 cm while powered on to mimic a desk accident.
Performance - Breeze through work
Powered by up to a quad-core Intel® processor, ASUS Chromebook CX1 delivers excellent performance for responsive experiences with your favorite apps. Combined with the full capabilities of Google Workspace and other productivity apps from the Google Play, the device lets you make quick work of your to-do list, from anywhere.
- Dual-core Intel® CPU
- 4 GB memory
- 32 GB storage
Display - Immersive visuals for focused productivity
Featuring ultra-narrow bezels, ASUS Chromebook CX1 packs a stunning 11.6-inch display into its compact chassis. Combined with a matte anti-glare coating to reduce distracting reflections, the device maximizes your focus and productivity while minimizing the form factor — empowering you to do more on the go!
- Anti-glare display
Flexibility - Easy idea sharing
ASUS Chromebook CX1 offers a 180° lay-flat hinge that allows it to be fully opened and laid completely flat on a desk or table. This setup makes it easy to share ideas, visuals, samples and designs when you’re working with friends, colleagues or clients.
- 180° lay-flat hinge
Keyboard - Exceptional typing comfort
A full-size, ergonomic keyboard with 1.5 mm key travel ensures that typing is supremely comfortable. Typing on a compact device has never been this smooth and easy! Accidents happen, and ASUS Chromebook CX1 is ready for them: its spill-resistant keyboard4 can cope with up to 60 cc of liquids without harm, so minor spillages can be easily drained, cleaned and dried.
- 1.5 mm key travel
- Accident-proof Spill-resistant keyboard
WiFi - Fast, stable connections
ASUS Chromebook CX1 offers dual-band WiFi 5 (802.11ac) for strong, stable signals and fast data-transmission speeds. Also, leveraging WiFi 5 has the added benefit of making the device less prone to interference from other wireless devices operating on the same frequency band.
- WiFi 5 technology
Battery - Work or play, all day
The power-efficient ASUS Chromebook CX1 is designed to last for up to 13 hours on a single charge, so you can work or play throughout the day and while you’re on the move.
- Up to 13-hour battery life
Security - Built-in protection
ASUS Chromebook CX1 is enabled with automatic updates and built-in anti-virus protection, seamlessly keeping your device safe, secure and always up to date. Because it leverages the rock-solid security of your personal Google Account, you can rest assured that private documents, emails, photos and confidential data are safe at all times.
Connectivity - USB-C® for ultimate flexibility
Two full-function reversible USB-C® (USB Type-C®) ports make it easy to charge ASUS Chromebook CX1 or connect it to peripherals and external displays. USB-C provides superfast data-transfer speeds — making it possible to transfer a 2 GB video file to a USB drive in under 2 seconds6! For maximum convenience and compatibility, ASUS Chromebook CX1 also features standard USB 3.2 ports, and there’s a microSD slot for adding more storage.
- 2 x USB-C® 3.2 Gen 1
- 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1
- 1 x microSD card slot
- 1 x audio jack
Chrome OS - Enjoy the best of Google
It doesn’t get better than Chrome OS. For both work and leisure time, ASUS Chromebook CX1 is your gateway to the very best of Google. You’ll enjoy full access to Google Play2, and you can talk to Google to get things done.
Google Play - Easy access to apps on Google Play
With Google Play, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books and more, all from your device. ASUS Chromebook CX1 opens a whole new world of freedom!
Google Assistant - The fast way to get things done
Get more done fast using your voice on your ASUS Chromebook CX1. Send an email, find documents, listen to music, access your calendar or control smart home devices, all without switching screens. Just say “OK Google” to get started.
1. Based on Chromium OS power Load Test. The 13-hour battery life was determined by looping local video playback at higher than 80 nits and at the default display brightness level. Battery performance is based on a mix of standby, web browsing and other use. Charging time requires the battery to be at least 5% charged, with the device inactive and using the included charger. Actual battery life depends on usage, specifications, applications and environment, among other factors.
2. Internet connection required. Google, Google Play, YouTube and other marks are trademarks of Google LLC.
3. ASUS Chromebook CX1 series laptops undergo multiple laptop quality tests but are not subject to all tests stated. The testing data includes the requirements of both military-grade standards and ASUS quality tests.
4. The ASUS Chromebook CX1 keyboard is spill-resistant, not waterproof. Water damage is possible if the product is submerged or exposed to large amounts of liquids for long periods of time. ASUS standard limited warranty does not cover problems resulting from accidents such as water damage. To prevent water damage resulting from large spills or other accidents, ASUS recommends turning off the notebook, then tilting the laptop to drain away the excess liquid, wipe it off and let it dry for at least 24 hours.
5. Auto-updates and auto-backup require an internet connection.
6. Unless otherwise stated, all data-transfer speeds are based on theoretical performance. Actual performance may vary.
Intel® Celeron® N4020 Processor 1.1 GHz (4M Cache, up to 2.8 GHz, 2 cores)
Intel® UHD Graphics 600
11.6-inch,LCD,HD (1366 x 768) 16:9,Anti-glare display,LED Backlit,200nits,NTSC: 45%
4G LPDDR4 on board,Memory Max Up to:8GB
2x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A
2x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C support display / power delivery
1x 3.5mm Combo Audio Jack
Micro SD card reader
Keyboard & Touchpad
720p HD camera
Built-in array microphone
with Google Assistant voice-recognition support
42WHrs, 3S1P, 3-cell Li-ion
1.24 kg (2.73 lbs)
Dimensions (W x D x H)
29.16 x 20.09 x 1.95 ~ 1.95 cm (11.48" x 7.91" x 0.77" ~ 0.77")
US MIL-STD 810H military-grade standard
Titan C Security Chip
As a domestic traveller you will not be entitled to any duty free allowance and personal goods concession.
You are however able to purchase any item(s) on The Mall and take them with you on your domestic flight but please bear in mind :
- If you purchase for a flight that is departing from Auckland Airport, your items will need to fit into your carry on luggage or be safely packed into your checked in luggage
New Zealand's domestic flight carriers have restrictions when it comes to the weight and size of your carry on luggage and what can be carried on board. For more information see Cabin Allowances.
- If you purchase for a flight that is arriving into Auckland Airport there are no restrictions as you will be collecting your order after your flight has landed.
Your order can be picked up from The Mall's Collection Point in the Domestic Terminal before you pass through security, located between 3 Wise Men and Travelex. See map
You will need to bring your order confirmation email and your driver's licence or valid photo identification to collect your order.
If you purchase for a flight that is departing from Auckland Airport, your order will be ready to collect 1 hour before your flight departs. Your order must be collected at least 30 minutes before you depart. If you purchase for a flight that is arriving into Auckland Airport, your order will be ready to collect when you arrive.
Now, you can also place an order without traveling. Select 'Pick Up On Arrival' when adding items to cart and use the dummy flight number NZ420 as the flight code. You can select a pick up date that works for you.
When you collect your order you will have the opportunity to inspect your items and sign for them. If you are not fully satisfied with an item then our Collection Point team will be able to assist you with any returns. Our Returns & refunds provides information on how this works and also outlines the individual Retailer's returns & refunds policies.