Apple TV HD - 32GB
Get more out of Apple TV
Entertainment. Workouts. Games. All better on the big screen.
Watch critically acclaimed Apple Originals, with new shows and movies added every month.*
Try world-class workouts for everyone on your Apple TV. Powered by Apple Watch.*
Enjoy unlimited ad-free access to Arcade Originals, all-new games produced by Apple.*
*Subscription required for Apple TV+, Apple Fitness+ and Apple Arcade.
Size and Weight
Apple TV HD:
Height: 35 mm (1.4 inches)
Width: 98 mm (3.9 inches)
Depth: 98 mm (3.9 inches)
Weight: 425 grams (15 ounces)
Height: 136 mm (5.4 inches)
Width: 35 mm (1.4 inches)
Depth: 9.25 mm (0.36 inch)
Weight: 63 grams (2.2 ounces)
- Bluetooth® 5.0 wireless technology
- IR transmitter
- Lightning connector for charging
- Rechargeable battery providing months of battery life on a single charge (with typical daily usage)
- Charging via USB to a computer system or power adapter (sold separately)
- Control your TV or receiver via IR or CEC.
Ports and Interfaces (Apple TV)
- HDMI 1.4
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MIMO
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet
- Bluetooth® 4.0 wireless technology
- IR receiver
- USB-C for service and support
- Built-in power supply
A8 chip with 64-bit architecture
- Purchases, rentals and Home Sharing require an Apple ID that you use for the App Store and other Apple services.
- Requires 802.11 wireless, Ethernet network or broadband internet access
- Requires acceptance of the software licence terms at apple.com/legal/sla
- Requires an HDMI cable (sold separately)
- HEVC SDR up to 1080p, 30 fps, Main/Main 10 profile
- H.264 video up to 1080p, 60 fps, High or Main Profile level 4.2 or lower
- H.264 Baseline Profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 fps, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats
HE-AAC (V1), AAC (up to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (up to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Apple Lossless, FLAC, AIFF and WAV; AC-3 (Dolby Digital 5.1) and E-AC-3 (Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 surround sound)
HEIF, JPEG, GIF, TIFF
Apple TV HD is compatible with HDTVs with HDMI*
Apple TV HD is compatible with Bluetooth keyboards**
*Requires HDCP when playing protected content.
**Compatible with Magic Keyboard and Apple Wireless Keyboard (2011). Visit support.apple.com/en-nz/HT201806 to find out which model you have.
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their Apple TV. With built-in support for vision, hearing, mobility and learning, you can easily find and enjoy your favourite entertainment.
- Bold Text
- Increase Contrast
- Reduce Motion
- Closed Caption and SDH Support
- Accessibility Shortcut
- Siri and Dictation
In the Box
Apple TV HD
Lightning to USB Cable
As an international traveller you are entitled to bring a certain amount/value of goods that are free of Customs duty and exempt Goods and Services tax (GST) into New Zealand. This is called your duty free allowance and personal goods concession. It is important to review these for any purchases you make on The Mall.
Your duty free allowance entitles you to bring into New Zealand the following quantities of alcohol products free of customs duty and GST provided you are over 17 years of age. You do need to be 18 years or over to purchase.
- Up to six bottles (4.5 litres) of wine, champagne, port or sherry or
- Up to twelve cans (4.5 litres) of beer
- And three bottles (or other containers) each containing not more than 1125ml of spirits, liqueur, or other spirituous beverages
Goods other than alcohol and tobacco, whether purchased overseas or purchased duty free in New Zealand, that have a combined total value not exceeding NZ$700 may also be brought as part of your personal goods concession.
When travelling overseas there are legal limits on the amount of duty free alcohol and other goods you can take with you. These amounts will vary depending on the country you are flying into. We always recommend you check the latest limits and exemptions.
Your order can be picked up at an Auckland Airport Collection Point. There is one in departures and one at arrivals in the international terminal. See map
You will need to bring your order confirmation email and show your passport to collect your order.
If you’re departing Auckland Airport, we recommend that you come to the Auckland Airport Collection Point at least 60 minutes before your flight. If you miss your pickup time or your flight details have changed please let us know as soon as possible.
When you collect your order you will have the opportunity to inspect the items and sign for them.
If you need to return an item, our Collection Point team are there to help you. You may also like to view our Returns & refunds which provides information on how this works and outlines the individual retailer's returns and refunds policies.