Synology HAS5300 8T 8TB 3.5" Enterprise HDD
3.5” SAS HDD HAS5300
Enterprise-grade SAS HDDs for Synology systems
Engineered for top performance and reliability in Synology systems
Unmatched integration with DSM and Synology hardware enable HAS5300 SAS hard drives to reliably deliver class-leading performance in enterprise deployments. HAS5300 drives have passed 200,000 hours of rigorous testing on Synology hardware, feature a 2.5M-hour MTTF, and are covered by Synology’s 5-year limited warranty*1.
The HAS5300 series drives leverage the low-latency SAS protocol. When paired with high-performance and highly scalable Synology SA or UC series solutions, they ensure that mission-critical workloads always have access to dependable and fast storage.
Back to peak performance faster
Building on two decades of storage expertise, Synology HAS5300 drives run on firmware optimized for critical workloads that matter. They allow Synology systems to repair degraded RAID arrays up to 27% faster than similar-class and capacity drives.
Storage that stands the test of time
Rigorous tests and compatibility verification4 ensure maximum reliability on Synology systems, even while handling the most extreme workloads.
Drive firmware updates are shipped together with DSM updates, easing the burden on IT teams and ensuring your drives are always running the latest firmware versions.
A 2.5 million-hour MTTF5, support for up to 550 TB per year workloads, and persistent write cache technology come together to safeguard data integrity.
At Synology, we are committed to product innovation and quality. HAS5300 drives are backed by a 5-year limited warranty that includes technical support and hardware replacement services to maximize your return on investment.
1. The warranty period starts from the purchase date as stated on the receipt of purchase.
2. Maximum sustained data transfer speed of HAS5300-16T drives.
3. Performance testing was conducted by Synology using 12 drives on an SA3600, configured using RAID 5 and a Btrfs file system, against similar capacity (12TB) and class (Enterprise) drives. Results are for reference only. Actual performance may vary depending on workload, testing methods, and how devices and software are configured.
4. Among the HAS5300-8T, HAS5300-12T, and HAS5300-16T drives, over 200,000 hours of tests have been conducted on SAS-compatible Synology devices to ensure compatibility and performance expectations of these drives when used on Synology solutions.
5. Mean Time to Failure (MTTF) is not a guarantee or estimate of product life; it is a statistical value related to mean failure rates for a large number of products which may not accurately reflect actual operation. Actual operating life of the product may be different from the MTTF and is affected by environmental and usage conditions.
6. Product images are for illustrative purposes only. Actual product may appear with different labeling or housing, which do not affect the performance characteristics of the product.
SAS III (12 Gb/s)
Sustained: 230 MB/s
Sustained: 230 MB/s
Spindle Speed (RPM)
Disk Sector Format
Reliability / Data Integrity
Endurance (Total Bytes Written)
Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)
2.5 Million Hours
9.87 W (Active)
6.62 W (Idle)
5 VDC, 12 VDC
70 G / 2.0 ms
250 G / 2.0 ms
0.75 G / 5 to 300 Hz
3 G / 5 to 500 Hz
41 to 140°F / 5 to 60°C
-40 to 158°F / -40 to 70°C
5 to 90%
5 to 95%
-1,000 to 10,000' / -304.8 to 3048 m
-1,000 to 40,000' / -304.8 to 12,192 m
BSMI, CAN ICES-3(A), CE, EAC, Kcc, RCM, RoHS, TUV, UL, as per Manufacturer
Dimensions (W x H x D)
4.01 x 1 x 5.8" / 101.85 x 26.1 x 147 mm
1.7 lb / 770 g
Limited 5-Year Warranty
Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
9.3 x 6.1 x 3.6"
As an international traveller you are entitled to bring a certain amount/value of goods that are free of Customs duty and exempt Goods and Services tax (GST) into New Zealand. This is called your duty free allowance and personal goods concession. It is important to review these for any purchases you make on The Mall.
Your duty free allowance entitles you to bring into New Zealand the following quantities of alcohol products free of customs duty and GST provided you are over 17 years of age. You do need to be 18 years or over to purchase.
- Up to six bottles (4.5 litres) of wine, champagne, port or sherry or
- Up to twelve cans (4.5 litres) of beer
- And three bottles (or other containers) each containing not more than 1125ml of spirits, liqueur, or other spirituous beverages
Goods other than alcohol and tobacco, whether purchased overseas or purchased duty free in New Zealand, that have a combined total value not exceeding NZ$700 may also be brought as part of your personal goods concession.
When travelling overseas there are legal limits on the amount of duty free alcohol and other goods you can take with you. These amounts will vary depending on the country you are flying into. We always recommend you check the latest limits and exemptions.
Your order can be picked up at an Auckland Airport Collection Point. There is one in departures and one at arrivals in the international terminal. Alternatively, if you are arriving between 11pm and 6am you will be able to collect your order from our lockers. See map
Please bring your order confirmation email and your passport. If you are collecting from lockers you will have been sent an email with your access code, be sure to have this on you in order to collect your order.
If you’re departing Auckland Airport, we recommend that you come to the Auckland Airport Collection Point at least 60 minutes before your flight. If you miss your pickup time or your flight details have changed please let us know as soon as possible.
When you collect your order you will have the opportunity to inspect the items and sign for them.
If you need to return an item, our Collection Point team are there to help you. If you are collecting after hours please return the item to your locker and our team will be in touch as soon as possible. You may also like to view our Returns & refunds which provides information on how this works and outlines the individual retailer's returns and refunds policies.
After Hours Collections
If your order needs to be collected after the Auckland Airport Collection Point desk is closed, your order will be placed in the lockers next to the desk. All the details you will need to collect your order will be provided in your Order Confirmation and Ready to Collect Email.