Sony WF-C500 True Wireless In-Ear Headphones
Small size, uncompromising sound
Our WF-C500 truly wireless earbuds are designed compact to fit snugly in your ear. aut don't let their size fool you. They deliver high quality sound that's rich in detail, thanks to DSEE technology, which restores fine fade-out sound and high
frequency sound. These Bluetooth headphones are smartphone-friendly too and very easy to use.
More delightful listening experience
With our Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE), high frequency sound and fine fade-out sound are restored to the track for a more authentic listening experience. You can also tailor music to your own taste using the EQ setting on the
Sony Headphones Connect app.
Make your music more natural
When an original music source is compressed, it loses the high-frequency elements that add detail and richness to a track. Our Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE) faithfully restores these to produce high-quality sound that's closer to the original recording.
Your sound, just how you like it
Tailor sound to your personal preference. Choose from a variety of presets to match sound quality with the genre of music you're listening to. Or create and save your own presets using the EQ Custom feature on the Sony¦Headphones Connect app.
Small and light, a great fit
Designed small, these buds fit securely and comfortably in your ears. The rounded shape without edges makes them a pleasure to wear, leaving you free to focus on what matters - your music.
Ergonomic Surface Design
Since introducing the world's first in-ear headphones in 1982 (MDR-E252), we've surveyed huge amounts of data relating to ear shapes from around the world. The WF-C500 headphones are the product of that research, combining a shape that matches the ear cavity with a new ergonomic surface design for a more stable fit.
Go anywhere, pocket-sized case
The cylindrical charging case is extremely small and easy to carry around in a pocket or bag so you can take your earbuds everywhere you go. Its translucent lid with a texture like frosted glass gives the case a stylish, luxurious look and feel.*1
Easy button operation
The buttons on the WF-C500 headphones not only let you play, stop, or skip through tracks and adjust the volume - they also offer an easy way to access your smartphone's voice assistant and make and receive calls hands-free.
Easier, clearer hands-free calling
Conversation flows freely with easy hands-free calling, now clearer than ever with a high-quality built-in microphone. You won't even have to take your phone out of your pocket.
Voice Assistant compatible
One simple button press connects you instantly to your smartphone's voice assistant so you can find directions, play music, communicate with contacts and so much more.*2
Find your headphones easily with Fast Pair
Fast Pair makes it easy to pair your headphones with your Android™ devices. In one tap of pop-up guidance, the WF-C500 enables quick, effortless Bluetooth® pairing with your Android™ devices. Also, you can easily locate where you left your headphones by ringing them or checking their last known location on your smartphone.
Connect to your PC easily with Swift Pair
Swift Pair makes it quick and easy to pair your WF-C500 headphones with your Windows 10 computer via Bluetooth®. Pop-up pairing guidance appears on nearby Windows 10 devices when pairing mode is selected.
Listen all day, charge in minutes
Enjoy up to 20 hours of listening thanks to the handy charging case.*3 And if you need to top up in a hurry, 10 minute quick charging gives you up to an hour of extra play time.*4
Splashes and sweat, no problem
With an IPX45 water resistance rating, splashes and sweat won't stop these headphones - so you can keep on moving to the music.
One earbud, ideal for multitasking
If you want to listen to your music while still being able to have a conversation, remove one earbud only from the charging case and use as normal.*6
Stable, reliable Bluetooth® connectivity
A Bluetooth® chip, which transmits sound to left and right ears simultaneously, coupled with optimised antenna design, ensures a stable connection and outstanding listening. Low audio latency makes for enjoyable viewing too.
So immersive. So real.
Immerse yourself in sound all around you. As real as if you are there at a live concert or with the artist recording in a studio. With 360 Reality Audio, music has never been so immersive and so real. These headphones let you enjoy 360 Reality Audio.*7
Sustainability in mind
Our products are not only designed to be stylish but also with the environment in mind. No plastic is included in the packaging material for the WF-C500, reflecting Sony's commitment to reducing the environmental impact of our products and practices. *8
1. The charging case is not water resistant.
2. Voice assist function is compatible with Android smartphone (Google App) or iPhone (Siri). Bluetooth® connection required. Google and Android are trademarks of Google LLC. iPhone and Siri are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
3. 1x charging with charging case is needed. 10H (earbuds) + 10H (charging case), total 20H when using Bluetooth.
4. Battery life is up to 20 hours with charging case when DSEE and EQ custom is turned off. Please note usage hour may be shorter depending on the conditions of the use.
5. Protection assured against water splashing from any angle, excluding the sound tube (sound outlet) of the headphones. The charging case is not water resistant.
6. Depending on how the earbuds are used, the remaining battery life of the left and right earbuds may differ. Additionally, the available operations may vary depending on the ear the headset is worn on.
7. Sony | Headphones Connect App is needed. Requires subscription to a music streaming service - subscription fees apply. Some services may not be available in certain countries/regions.
8. Coating and adhesive materials excluded. This varies by region.
9. This product is also known as WF-C500/BZ E, WF-C500/DZ E, WF-C500/GZ E, WF-C500/WZ E
10. Actual colour and dimension may differ from the screen image.
11. Colours & features of the product shown may differ by model and country.
12. 4K: 3,840 x 2,160 pixels.
13. Services availability depends on region. A part or whole of software/services installed into or accessible through the product may be changed, discontinued, removed, suspended, or terminated without notice.
14. Features and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
Size & Weight
Approx. 5.4 g x 2
FREQUENCY RESPONSE(BLUETOOTH® COMMUNICATION)
20Hz-20,000Hz (44.1kHz sampling)
What's In The Box
USB Cable: Type-C®
BATTERY CHARGE TIME
BATTERY CHARGE METHOD
USB Charge (with case)
BATTERY LIFE(CONTINUOUS MUSIC PLAYBACK TIME)
Max. 10 hrs
BATTERY LIFE(CONTINUOUS COMMUNICATION TIME)
Max. 5.0 hrs
Bluetooth Specification Version5.0
2.4GHz band (2.4000GHz-2.4835GHz)
A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
SUPPORTED AUDIO FORMAT(S)
SUPPORTED CONTENT PROTECTION
BATTERY CHARGE TIME
Approx. 35 g
Approx. 80.0 x 34.9 x 30.9 mm
As an international traveller you are entitled to bring a certain amount/value of goods that are free of Customs duty and exempt Goods and Services tax (GST) into New Zealand. This is called your duty free allowance and personal goods concession. It is important to review these for any purchases you make on The Mall.
Your duty free allowance entitles you to bring into New Zealand the following quantities of alcohol products free of customs duty and GST provided you are over 17 years of age. You do need to be 18 years or over to purchase.
- Up to six bottles (4.5 litres) of wine, champagne, port or sherry or
- Up to twelve cans (4.5 litres) of beer
- And three bottles (or other containers) each containing not more than 1125ml of spirits, liqueur, or other spirituous beverages
Goods other than alcohol and tobacco, whether purchased overseas or purchased duty free in New Zealand, that have a combined total value not exceeding NZ$700 may also be brought as part of your personal goods concession.
When travelling overseas there are legal limits on the amount of duty free alcohol and other goods you can take with you. These amounts will vary depending on the country you are flying into. We always recommend you check the latest limits and exemptions.
Your order can be picked up at an Auckland Airport Collection Point. There is one in departures and one at arrivals in the international terminal. See map
You will need to bring your order confirmation email and show your passport to collect your order.
If you’re departing Auckland Airport, we recommend that you come to the Auckland Airport Collection Point at least 60 minutes before your flight. If you miss your pickup time or your flight details have changed please let us know as soon as possible.
When you collect your order you will have the opportunity to inspect the items and sign for them.
If you need to return an item, our Collection Point team are there to help you. You may also like to view our Returns & refunds which provides information on how this works and outlines the individual retailer's returns and refunds policies.