Fenix Work & Professional PD40R V2.0 Rechargable LED Torch
- This flashlight is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the flashlight directly into anyone's eyes.
- This flashlight will accumulate a lot of heat when used for extended periods, resulting in high temperature of the flashlight shell. Pay attention to safe use to avoid scalding.
The Fenix PD40R V2.0 rechargeable flashlight features a patented rotary switch which allows you to quickly select a brightness level with a simple twist (NO REAR SWITCH ACTIVATION OR MOMENTARY CAPABILITY). No more fumbling for a small button in the dark with gloves on. Turn the switch to the right to activate the flashlight and access each mode; including turbo mode which produces an incredible 3000 lumens and throws that light 1329 feet (405m). Powered by an included 21700 rechargeable li-ion battery, this flashlight is USB Type-C rechargeable and includes a battery level indicator, so you always know the status of the battery.
IP68 rated dustproof and waterproof underwater to 2 meters, this flashlight is built tough. The Fenix PD40R rechargeable flashlight is the perfect option for those looking for optimal brightness from an extremely easy to use flashlight.
- 3000 lumens maximum output, 405 meters maximum beam distance.
- A Luminus SST70 LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours.
- Patented technique of rotary mode selection switching for accurate operation.
- Included a 5000mAh 21700 rechargeable LI-ion battery.
- Inner waterproof USB Type-C charging port.
- Made of A6061-T6 aluminum.
- Premium type HAIII hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
- Boot-up battery level indication.
- Reverse polarity protection, to protect from improper battery insertion.
- Anti-roll and anti-slip body design.
On / Off: Rotate the mechanical side switch to the right side to turn on the light; rotate the mechanical side switch to OFF mode to turn off the light.
Output Selection: Rotate the mechanical side switch to cycle through OFF?Low?Med?High?Turbo.
Strobe: Rotate the mechanical side switch to the rightmost position to enter strobe mode.
Warning: Do not mix batteries of different brands, sizes, capacities or types. Doing so may cause damage to the flashlight or to the batteries being used.
21700 Li-ion batteries are powerful cells designed for commercial applications and must be treated with caution and handled with care. Only use quality batteries with circuit protection will reduce the potential for combustion or explosion; but cell damage or short circuiting are potential risks the user assumes.
* An 18650 battery can be used when used in conjunction with an ALF-18 Battery Holder.
Battery Replacement: Unscrew the light body and insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the light head, then screw the light body back on.
Battery level indication: When the light is switched on, the battery level indicator inside besides the charging port will light up to display the battery status, the indicator will stay on for 3 seconds before it goes off.
- Green light on: saturated 100% - 85%
- Green light flashes: sufficient 85% - 50%
- Red light on: poor 50% - 25%
- Red light flashes: critical 25% - 1%
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L21 Series 21700 rechargeable Li-ion battery.
Charging the PD40R V2.0 Rechargeable Flashlight
1. First switch off the light and plug the USB A socket of the charging cable into an electrical outlet, then connect the USB Type-C socket of the charging cable to the light.
2. The indicator will display red while charging, and will turn to green when fully charged.
3. Once charging is completed, be sure to close the anti-dust cover. (The light features inner waterproofing treatment, thus the performance won't compromise even if there is water in the charging port).
1. The normal charging time of the included Fenix ARB-L21-5000 rechargeable Li-ion battery is approximately 3 hours from depletion to full charging.
2. Recharge a stored light every four months to maintain optimum performance of the battery.
3. The relatively low output is available while charging, but the charging time will be prolonged.
Intelligent Protection: The light will accumulate a lot of heat when used on Turbo output level for extended periods. When the light reaches a temperature of 65°C or above, the light will automatically step down by a few lumens until to Med to reduce temperature. When the temperature is reduced, the output will gradually return.
Note: *The above specification is the test result given by Fenix through its laboratory testing. Actual output may vary slightly according to the working environments.
Low-voltage Warning: When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the flashlight is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Low output is reached. When this happens in Low output mode, the indicator next to the charging port will flash red to remind you to recharge or replace the battery. To ensure normal use, the flashlight will not turn off automatically and will work till the battery runs out completely.
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L21 Series 21700 rechargeable Li-ion battery.
Usage and Maintenance:
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the light and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality battery.
- If the light will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the light could be damaged by electrolyte leakage or battery explosion.
- Li-ion battery needs to be charged even if the battery is not exhausted, charge immediately when the battery is exhausted; it has no memory effect.
- Unscrew the tail cap half a turn or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare.
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp's performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer's specifications).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
4.1 oz. (117g) weight excluding battery
One 21700 rechargeable li-ion battery (included) or one 18650 rechargeable li-ion battery with the ALF-18 battery holder (not included)
FENIX PD40R V2.0 Flashlight
ARB-L21-5000 rechargeable Li-ion battery
USB Type-C charging cable
As an international traveller you are entitled to bring a certain amount/value of goods that are free of Customs duty and exempt Goods and Services tax (GST) into New Zealand. This is called your duty free allowance and personal goods concession. It is important to review these for any purchases you make on The Mall.
Your duty free allowance entitles you to bring into New Zealand the following quantities of alcohol products free of customs duty and GST provided you are over 17 years of age. You do need to be 18 years or over to purchase.
- Up to six bottles (4.5 litres) of wine, champagne, port or sherry or
- Up to twelve cans (4.5 litres) of beer
- And three bottles (or other containers) each containing not more than 1125ml of spirits, liqueur, or other spirituous beverages
Goods other than alcohol and tobacco, whether purchased overseas or purchased duty free in New Zealand, that have a combined total value not exceeding NZ$700 may also be brought as part of your personal goods concession.
When travelling overseas there are legal limits on the amount of duty free alcohol and other goods you can take with you. These amounts will vary depending on the country you are flying into. We always recommend you check the latest limits and exemptions.
Your order can be picked up at an Auckland Airport Collection Point. There is one in departures and one at arrivals in the international terminal. See map
You will need to bring your order confirmation email and show your passport to collect your order.
If you’re departing Auckland Airport, we recommend that you come to the Auckland Airport Collection Point at least 60 minutes before your flight. If you miss your pickup time or your flight details have changed please let us know as soon as possible.
When you collect your order you will have the opportunity to inspect the items and sign for them.
If you need to return an item, our Collection Point team are there to help you. You may also like to view our Returns & refunds which provides information on how this works and outlines the individual retailer's returns and refunds policies.