Fenix Camping & Hiking HM65R-T Rechargeable LED Headlam
NOTE: The current headband will NOT fit hat sizes BEYOND 7 1/2.
- The headlamp is a high-intensity lighting device capable of causing eye damage to the user or others. Avoid shining the lamp directly into anyone's eyes.
- This headlamp will accumulate a lot of heat when used for extended periods, resulting in high temperature of the headlamp Pay attention to safe use to avoid scalding.
- All information provided in this manual is subject to change without prior notice.
The Fenix HM65R-T Headlamp is a new version of the best selling HM65R Headlamp that features slightly improved performance with its Luminus SST40 LEDs and a new patented headband fit system. Independently controlled spotlight and a floodlight produce a combined maximum 1500 lumens of neutral and white light. Powered by the included 3500mAh battery, this headlamp is USB-C rechargeable and includes a battery level indicator. It is made of a magnesium alloy for better strength, impact resistant to 2 meters (6.6ft), and less weight. Perfect for all activities where the brightest hands-free lighting is required.
- Uses Luminus SST40 white and Cree XP-G2 S3 neutral white LEDs, with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
- Constant current circuit ensures longer runtimes
- Reverse polarity protection to protect from improper battery insertion
- Dual top switched operate an independent spotlight and floodlight
- USB Type-C charging port for fast charging
- Patented rotary press/pull clasp, headband can be adjusted with a single hand
- Made from quality aluminum, magnesium and PC-lightweight and durable
- Spotlight: for on/off, mode switching, lockout function and output selection on spotlight mode.
- Floodlight: for on/off, mode switching, lockout function and output selection on floodlight mode.
On/off: Press and hold either of the two switches for 0.5 seconds to turn on/off the lamp. Low output level is set by default.
Mode switching: Press and hold either of the two switches for 0.5 seconds to reach the corresponding mode. The two modes are separately controlled.
- Spotlight mode: single click the spotlight switch to cycle through Low?Med?High.
- Floodlight mode: single click the floodlight switch to cycle through Low?Med?High.
- Lock: With the lamp switched off, press and hold either of the two switches, or simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds, the lamp will blink 4 times on Low of floodlight mode to indicate locked status.
- Unlock: With the lamp is locked, simultaneously press the two switches for 3 seconds, the lamp will be activated with 4 one-second blinks and activates on Low of floodlight mode.
- In locked status, clicking or pressing the switches will activate 4 one-second blinks on Low of floodlight mode to indicate locked status.
NOTE: 18650 Li-ion batteries are powerful cells designed for commercial applications and must be treated with caution and handled with care. Only use quality batteries with circuit protection will reduce the potential for combustion or explosion; but cell damage or short circuiting are potential risks the user assumes.
Quality Li-ion battery with protective circuit will reduce risks. Fenix ARB-L18 Series battery is recommended.
Battery Replacement: Unscrew the battery cover anticlockwise to insert the battery with the anode side (+) towards the inner side, then screw the battery cover back on.
1. Uncover the anti-dust cap and plug the USB Type-C side of the charging cable into the charging port of the
2. The normal charging time of the Fenix ARB-L18-3500 rechargeable Li-ion battery is about 3 hours with the lamp being switched off. When charging, Low output of spotlight or floodlight mode can be separately selected. The headlamp will not automatically power on after full charging.
3. In charging process, one indicator flashes: below 20%, one constant-on and one flashes: 20% - 50%, two constant-on and one flashes: 50% - 80%, three constant-on and one flashes: 80% - 95%, four constant-on: charging complete.
4. Replace the anti-dust cap to ensure waterproof and dustproof ability.
Battery Level Indication: With the lamp is switched off, single click either of the two switches to check the battery status, the indicator(s) will last for 3 seconds.
There will be no response with the lamp locked.
- Four lights on: 100% - 80%
- Three lights on: 80% - 60%
- Two lights on: 60% - 40%
- One light on: 40% - 20%
- One light flashes: 20% - 0%
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L18 Series 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery.
Intelligent Overheat Protection: The lamp will accumulate a lot of heat when used on high, med and low output levels for extended periods. When the lamp reaches a temperature of 65°C or above, the lamp will automatically step down a few lumens to reduce the temperature. When the temperature drops below 65°C, it will then allow the user for the reselection of the modes.
Low-voltage Warning: When the voltage level drops below the preset level, the headlamp is programmed to downshift to a lower brightness level until Low output is reached. When this happens in Low output mode, one of the battery level indicators blinks to remind you to timely recharge or replace the battery.
Note: This only works with Fenix ARB-L18 Series 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery.
Notice: The headband is factory assembled by default.
Headband Adjustment: Pull the rotary clasp up to unlock, and pull on the attached end of the headband to loosen. Press the rotary clasp back into its down position and rotate it clockwise to tighten the headband.
Usage and Maintenance
- Disassembling the sealed head can cause damage to the lamp and will void the warranty.
- Fenix recommends using an excellent quality Fenix 18650 battery.
- If the lamp will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery, or the lamp could be damaged by electrolyte leakage.
- Lock the lamp or take out the battery to prevent accidental activation during storage or transportation.
- Long-term use can result in O-ring wear. To maintain a proper water seal, replace the ring with an approved spare.
- Periodic cleaning of the battery contacts improves the lamp's performance as dirty contacts may cause the lamp to flicker, shine intermittently or even fail to illuminate for the following reasons:
A: The battery needs replacing.
Solution: Replace battery (Ensure battery is inserted according to the manufacturer's specifications).
B: The threads, PCB board contact or other contacts are dirty.
Solution: Clean the contact points with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol.
Length: 3.15” (80mm) Width: 1.85” (47mm) Height: 1.54” (39mm)
3.21 oz. (91g) excluding battery
One included 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery or two CR123A batteries
ARB-L18-3500 rechargeable li-ion battery, USB Type-C charging cable, spare O-ring
As an international traveller you are entitled to bring a certain amount/value of goods that are free of Customs duty and exempt Goods and Services tax (GST) into New Zealand. This is called your duty free allowance and personal goods concession. It is important to review these for any purchases you make on The Mall.
Your duty free allowance entitles you to bring into New Zealand the following quantities of alcohol products free of customs duty and GST provided you are over 17 years of age. You do need to be 18 years or over to purchase.
- Up to six bottles (4.5 litres) of wine, champagne, port or sherry or
- Up to twelve cans (4.5 litres) of beer
- And three bottles (or other containers) each containing not more than 1125ml of spirits, liqueur, or other spirituous beverages
Goods other than alcohol and tobacco, whether purchased overseas or purchased duty free in New Zealand, that have a combined total value not exceeding NZ$700 may also be brought as part of your personal goods concession.
When travelling overseas there are legal limits on the amount of duty free alcohol and other goods you can take with you. These amounts will vary depending on the country you are flying into. We always recommend you check the latest limits and exemptions.
Your order can be picked up at an Auckland Airport Collection Point. There is one in departures and one at arrivals in the international terminal. See map
You will need to bring your order confirmation email and show your passport to collect your order.
If you’re departing Auckland Airport, we recommend that you come to the Auckland Airport Collection Point at least 60 minutes before your flight. If you miss your pickup time or your flight details have changed please let us know as soon as possible.
When you collect your order you will have the opportunity to inspect the items and sign for them.
If you need to return an item, our Collection Point team are there to help you. You may also like to view our Returns & refunds which provides information on how this works and outlines the individual retailer's returns and refunds policies.