ASRock Z790 SONIC Ring Special Edition ATX Motherboard
ASRock Z790 PG SONIC, an officially licensed motherboard featuring SEGA's Sonic the Hedgehog. A 16-bit spinning ring emblazons the rear IO cover, while on the rear side you'll even catch a glimpse of Sonic mid-run. The ASRock motherboard is co-launched to celebrate the release of SEGA's new Sonic Frontiers game.
Designed to bring back epic memories of catching rings in Green Hill Zone, the motherboard echoes Sonic's lightning speed with its fast blue and silver shards and Sonic silhouette.
Finding Sonic the Hedgehog
Bring on the Rings
The "Ring" is an object that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. Though of unknown origin, Rings can be found everywhere on earth and other places beyond time and space, as well as motherboards!
Besides the motherboard outlook is designed around the Sonic the Hedgehog theme, the ASRock Z790 PG SONIC also features a SONIC-inspired UEFI BIOS interface
Sonic the Hedgehog Pattern
On the PCB back side you'll even catch a glimpse of Sonic mid-run.
Effectiveness and Uniqueness
Provides stability and unique features enhancing effectiveness.
14+1+1 Phase Design With Dr.MOS
Optimized VRM design for solid performance
Lightning Gaming Ports
Mice/Keyboard control with lower jitter and latency
Blazing M.2[PCIe Gen5 x4]
Blazing Fast Data Transfer and Great Heat Dissipation
PCIe 5.0 + Surface-Mount Tech
Ready to unleash the full potential of future high end graphic cards.
Supports DDR5 memory with max. 128GB capacity.
DDR5 XMP & EXPO Support
Extreme Memory Overclocking
Killer 2.5G Networking
Killer™ Ethernet E3100
USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Type-C Header
Front USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Type-C
Offers you the most engaging listening experience, vibrant and rich with details.
Allows users to synchronize RGB LED devices and create their own unique lighting effects.
What Type of Users Suit For?
ASRock Z790 PG SONIC features the fastest PCI-Express 5.0 for the latest generation of graphics and add-in cards, plus a Blazing M.2 PCI-Express 5.0 M.2 slot is ready for new, ultra-high speed NVMe SSDs - minimizing load times for gamers!
- PCIe Gen5 (Graphics, M.2)
- Dual Channel DDR5
- 14+1+1 Power Phase, 50A Dr.MOS for VCore+GT
- Flexible Integrated I/O Shield
- Killer 2.5G LAN
- ASRock Lightning Gaming Ports
- ASRock Auto Driver Installer
- ASRock Post Status Checker
- Supports 13th Gen & 12th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors (LGA1700)
- Supports Intel® Hybrid Technology
- Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Max 3.0 Technology
- Supports Intel® Thermal Velocity Boost (TVB)
- Supports Intel® Adaptive Boost Technology (ABT)
- Intel® Z790
- Dual Channel DDR5 Memory Technology
- 4 x DDR5 DIMM Slots
- Supports DDR5 non-ECC, un-buffered memory up to 7200+(OC)*
- Max. capacity of system memory: 128GB
- Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) 3.0
*1DPC 1R Up to 7200+ MHz (OC), 4800 MHz Natively.
1DPC 2R Up to 6000+ MHz (OC), 4400 MHz Natively.
2DPC 1R Up to 5600+ MHz (OC), 4000 MHz Natively.
2DPC 2R Up to 4800+ MHz (OC), 3600 MHz Natively.
- 128Mb AMI UEFI Legal BIOS with GUI support
- Intel® Xe Graphics Architecture (Gen 12)
- 1 x HDMI 2.1 TMDS Compatible, supports HDCP 2.3 and max. resolution up to 4K 60Hz
- 1 x DisplayPort 1.4 with DSC (compressed), supports HDCP 2.3 and max. resolution up to 8K 60Hz / 5K 120Hz
*Intel® UHD Graphics Built-in Visuals and the VGA outputs can be supported only with processors which are GPU integrated.
- 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC897 Audio Codec)
- Nahimic Audio
- 2.5 Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000/2500 Mb/s
- Killer E3100G
- Supports Killer LAN Software
- 1 x PCIe 5.0 x16 Slot (PCIE1), supports x16 mode*
- 1 x PCIe 4.0 x16 Slot (PCIE2), supports x4 mode*
- 1 x PCIe 3.0 x1 Slot (PCIE3)*
- 1 x M.2 Socket (Key E), supports type 2230 WiFi/BT PCIe WiFi module and Intel® CNVio/CNVio2 (Integrated WiFi/BT)
- Supports AMD CrossFire™
*If M2_5 is occupied, PCIE1 will downgrade to x8 mode.
Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
- 1 x Hyper M.2 Socket (M2_1, Key M), supports type 2280 PCIe Gen4x4 (64 Gb/s) mode*
- 1 x Blazing M.2 Socket (M2_5, Key M), supports type 2280 PCIe Gen5x4 (128 Gb/s) mode*
- 1 x Hyper M.2 Socket (M2_2, Key M), supports type 2260/2280 PCIe Gen4x4 (64 Gb/s) mode*
- 1 x Hyper M.2 Socket (M2_3, Key M), supports type 2260/2280 PCIe Gen4x4 (64 Gb/s) mode*
- 1 x Hyper M.2 Socket (M2_4, Key M), supports type 2260/2280 PCIe Gen4x4 (64 Gb/s) mode*
- 8 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors
*Supports Intel® Volume Management Device (VMD)
Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
If M2_5 is occupied, PCIE1 will downgrade to x8 mode.
M2_1 and M2_5 cannot be populated simultaneously.
- Supports RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 10 for SATA storage devices
- Supports RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 5 for M.2 NVMe storage devices
- 1 x USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Type-C (Front)
- 2 x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A (Rear)
- 1 x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-C (Rear)
- 6 x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-A (4 Rear, 2 Front)
- 6 x USB 2.0 (2 Rear, 4 Front)
*All USB ports support ESD Protection
- 1 x SPI TPM Header
- 1 x Power LED and Speaker Header
- 1 x RGB LED Header*
- 3 x Addressable LED Headers**
- 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)***
- 1 x CPU/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)****
- 1 x Chassis Fan Connector (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)*****
- 4 x Chassis/Water Pump Fan Connectors (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)******
- 1 x 24 pin ATX Power Connector
- 2 x 8 pin 12V Power Connectors (Hi-Density Power Connector)
- 1 x Front Panel Audio Connector
- 1 x Thunderbolt™ AIC Connector (5-pin) (Supports ASRock Thunderbolt™ 4 AIC Card)
- 2 x USB 2.0 Headers (Support 4 USB 2.0 ports)
- 1 x USB 3.2 Gen1 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.2 Gen1 ports)
- 1 x Front Panel Type C USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Header (20 Gb/s)
*Supports in total up to 12V/3A, 36W LED Strip
** Support in total up to 5V/3A, 15W LED Strip
*** CPU_FAN1 supports the fan power up to 1A (12W).
**** CPU_FAN2/WP supports the fan power up to 2A (24W).
***** CHA_FAN5 supports the fan power up to 1A (12W).
****** CHA_FAN1~4/WP support the fan power up to 2A (24W).
****** CPU_FAN2/WP and CHA_FAN1~4/WP can auto detect if 3-pin or 4-pin fan is in use.
Rear Panel I/O
- 2 x Antenna Mounting Points
- 1 x HDMI Port
- 1 x DisplayPort 1.4
- 2 x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A Ports (10 Gb/s)
- 1 x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-C Port
- 4 x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-A Ports (USB32_56 are Lightning Gaming Ports.)
- 2 x USB 2.0 Ports
- 1 x RJ-45 LAN Port
- HD Audio Jacks: Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone
Software and UEFI
- ASRock Motherboard Utility (Phantom Gaming Tuning)
- Killer Control Center
- ASRock Polychrome SYNC*
- ASRock EZ Mode
- ASRock Full HD UEFI
- ASRock My Favorites in UEFI
- ASRock Auto Driver Installer
- ASRock Instant Flash
- ASRock Easy RAID Installer
*These utilities can be downloaded from ASRock Live Update & APP Shop.
- 1 x User Manual
- 2 x SATA Data Cables
- 5 x Screws for M.2 Sockets
- ATX Form Factor: 12.0-in x 9.6-in, 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm
- 2oz Copper PCB
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 64-bit / 11 64-bit
*Windows® 10 only supports version 21H2 or later
- FCC, CE
- ErP/EuP ready (ErP/EuP ready power supply is required)
As an international traveller you are entitled to bring a certain amount/value of goods that are free of Customs duty and exempt Goods and Services tax (GST) into New Zealand. This is called your duty free allowance and personal goods concession. It is important to review these for any purchases you make on The Mall.
Your duty free allowance entitles you to bring into New Zealand the following quantities of alcohol products free of customs duty and GST provided you are over 17 years of age. You do need to be 18 years or over to purchase.
- Up to six bottles (4.5 litres) of wine, champagne, port or sherry or
- Up to twelve cans (4.5 litres) of beer
- And three bottles (or other containers) each containing not more than 1125ml of spirits, liqueur, or other spirituous beverages
Goods other than alcohol and tobacco, whether purchased overseas or purchased duty free in New Zealand, that have a combined total value not exceeding NZ$700 may also be brought as part of your personal goods concession.
When travelling overseas there are legal limits on the amount of duty free alcohol and other goods you can take with you. These amounts will vary depending on the country you are flying into. We always recommend you check the latest limits and exemptions.
Your order can be picked up at an Auckland Airport Collection Point. There is one in departures and one at arrivals in the international terminal. Alternatively, if you are arriving between 11pm and 6am you will be able to collect your order from our lockers. See map
Please bring your order confirmation email and your passport. If you are collecting from lockers you will have been sent an email with your access code, be sure to have this on you in order to collect your order.
If you’re departing Auckland Airport, we recommend that you come to the Auckland Airport Collection Point at least 60 minutes before your flight. If you miss your pickup time or your flight details have changed please let us know as soon as possible.
When you collect your order you will have the opportunity to inspect the items and sign for them.
If you need to return an item, our Collection Point team are there to help you. If you are collecting after hours please return the item to your locker and our team will be in touch as soon as possible. You may also like to view our Returns & refunds which provides information on how this works and outlines the individual retailer's returns and refunds policies.
After Hours Collections
If your order needs to be collected after the Auckland Airport Collection Point desk is closed, your order will be placed in the lockers next to the desk. All the details you will need to collect your order will be provided in your Order Confirmation and Ready to Collect Email.