OPPO Reno8 5G 8GB+256GB- Shimmer Black Dual SIM Smartphone
Visualising the Night
The action doesn't stop because the sun goes down. Whether in the bright lights of the big city or the star-lit serenity of the countryside, the Dual Sony Flagship Sensors help to capture everything you see even in the dark.
Front Camera Sony IMX709 Sensor
- OPPO's New Generation
- RGBW DOL-HDR
Main Camera Sony IMX766 Sensor
- 1/1.56" Sensor Size
- All-Pixel Omni-Directional PDAF
Sony IMX766 Sensor - 28% Larger Sensor, 64.36% More Light
Effortlessly powers your nighttime photography to new possibilities. With Sony IMX766 Sensor, your take on the night comes through with clarity and colour.
Enhance Your True Charm, AI Portrait Retouching
AI Portrait Retouching has 193 control points to identify your features and optimise every photo to show your true charm.
Real Life, but Better - Portrait Mode
Navigate the delicate balance of a perfectly blurred background and sharp focus on your subject with an easy-to-use adjustable aperture. Movie posters are yours to create.
Sculptural Exquisiteness, Streamlined Unibody Design
The fresh new Streamlined Unibody Design provides a seamless experience that feels like a premium piece of art in your hand.
Black is always a classic and OPPO Glow elevates it to shimmering perfection. The specially made finish is even fingerprint resistant to keep it looking elegant at all times.
Streamlined, Palm-Friendly - Ultra Slim Body
Unbelievably slender and fits in your palm better than ever. Use it with one hand all day with less fatigue.
- 7.67mm Thickness About
- 179g Weight About
Perfection in Every Frame, O1 Ultra Vision Engine
The O1 Ultra Vision Engine uses AI deep learning to improve every frame of your video. Improved clarity and colour to create a viewing experience you'll never get tired of. Make every video your best video.
Action in an Instant, Lightning Fast Fingerprint Unlock
From the first tap to the last you can't miss the elevated smoothness of Lightning Fast Fingerprint Unlock.
- 0.256 Seconds Lightning Fast
- 71% Higher Unlock Speed
Performance That Lasts, AI System Booster
No need to tweak your settings as AI System Booster adjusts automatically to keep your phone running smoothly, even after 3 years!
1000Hz Ultra, Touch Response
Beat the boss faster through intelligent identification of game scenes. Improved response time gives you an edge to shoot and perform other actions faster than other players.
For more information: https://www.oppo.com/nz/smartphones/series-reno/reno8-5g/
1. The SUPERVOOC word mark and logos are trademarks owned by OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd. Maximum output power will be 80W with 220V input; Maximum output power will be 66W with 110V input. Maximum output power may not be 80W based on different voltage inputs in some regions.
2. Data collected from OPPO Labs. The data provides a comparison between OV64b (Reno7) and IMX766 (Reno8).
3. Data collected from OPPO Labs. The data provides a comparison between DOL-HDR and conventional HDR solution (3A).
4. Data collected from OPPO Labs. The data provides a comparison between RGBW and RGGB.
5. The thickness and the weight of OPPO Reno8 are based on data collected in OPPO labs. The actual size and weight may vary depending on the manufacturing process and measurement method.
6. You can choose 90Hz or 60Hz mode in Settings. When you choose 90Hz mode, some apps will run at a 60Hz refresh rate due to compatibility issues.
7. O1 Ultra Vision Engine only supports some applications.
8. Based on tests performed in OPPO labs. The actual charging time may vary depending on differences in environments or individual devices (such as temperature variations and battery age).
9. Data provided by TUV Rheinland. The actual duration may vary depending on the specific conditions under which you use your phone.
10. The data of charging cycles was obtained from laboratory testing.
11. 5G network connection depends on whether the SIM card supports 5G networks, and it also depends on the 5G frequency band and 5G network construction of the user's location.
12. Data collected from OPPO Labs. The data provides a comparison between MediaTek Dimensity 1300 and MediaTek Dimensity 900.
13. Data collected from OPPO Labs. The data provides a comparison between Reno8 and Reno7.
14. Data collected from OPPO Labs.
15. Data collected from OPPO Labs. The data provides a comparison between Reno8 and Reno7.
16. Tested by TUV SUD. The TUV SUD Fluency Rating Mark considers the fluency of the products at both the initial stage and after 2 or 3 years of use. The higher the rating, the better the experience. A is the highest rating for this test.
17. Background Update only supports PUBG MOBILE in some regions. And will be activated only if users encounter a PUBG MOBILE version update.
18. Only supports Wild Rift and PUBG Mobile in balanced mode or gaming mode, and only in specific scenarios (scope mode for PUBG Mobile and battle mode for Wild Rift).
19. Air Gestures scrolling currently applies to Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube only. Air Gestures call answering applies to voice calls only and does not apply to video calls or third-party calling apps. Air Gestures video play currently applies to YouTube only.
20. To use Multi-Screen Connect, your computer must meet these minimum requirements: Windows 10 build 18362 or later; Intel i3 2.4GHz processor and above; Wi-Fi Direct; Bluetooth protocol 4.1 or higher. 8GB RAM and 2.4GHz & 5GHz dual-band Wi-Fi are recommended.
21. Product pictures are for reference only. Please refer to the actual product. Certain product specifications and descriptions may change due to reasons such as changes in suppliers or manufacturers. The data on the page is provided by OPPO-designed technical parameters, and test data is collected from laboratories and suppliers. In actual circumstances, the data will differ slightly, depending on the test software version, specific testing environment, and specific version.
Size and Weight
about 160.0 mm
about 73.4 mm
about 7.67 mm
about 179 g
* Product size and weight may vary by configuration, manufacturing process and measurements. All specifications are subject to the actual product.
RAM and ROM Capacities
8 GB + 256 GB
* The available internal storage may be smaller as part of the internal storage is occupied by software. Actual memory space may change due to application updates, user operations, and other related factors.
FHD (2400 × 1080)
Max to 90 Hz
Touch Sampling Rate
Maximum: 180 Hz (2 fingers)
Default: 120 Hz (5 fingers)
Vivid mode: 97% NTSC; 95% DCI-P3 (Coverage)
Gentle mode: sRGB
16.7 million (8 bit)
Typical: 430 nits
HBM: 600 nits
Peak: 800 nits
AMOLED (Rigid screen)
Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5
Main camera: Sony IMX766, 50MP, 1/1.56"; f/1.8; FOV 86°; 7P lens; AF; closed-loop focus motor
Macro camera: FOV 89°; 3P lens; FF
Ultra Wide-angle camera: f/2.2; FOV 112°; 5P lens; FF
Sony IMX709 32MP, 1/2.74"; f/2.4; 32MP (f/2.4); FOV 85°; lens: 5P, FF
Rear: Photo, Portrait, Night, Panoramic, Pro, Sticker, Dual-view video, Macro, Text scanner, Time-lapse, Slow-mo, Extra HD
Front: Photo, Portrait, Night, Panoramic, Sticker, Video, Dual-view video, Time-lapse
4K @ 30fps (max), 1080P @ 60fps (default), 1080P @ 30fps, 720P @ 60fps, and 720P @ 30fps
Slow motion video: 1080P @ 120fps and 720P @ 240fps
Supports 1080P/720P @30fps (default: 1080P @30fps) (Retouch: turned on by default)
Supports video stabilisation at 1080P @30fps
Does not support zoom or slow motion
MediaTek Dimensity 1300
CPU Speed Cores
8 cores with a maximum frequency of 3.0 GHz (1 super large core + 3 large cores + 4 small cores)
ARM G-77 MC9 3D Graphics@866 MHz
2 × 2200 mAh/17.02 Wh (Rated value)
2 × 2250 mAh/17.41 Wh (Typical value)
80W SUPERVOOCTM, 65W SUPERVOOCTM, 50W SUPERVOOCTM, VOOC, PD (9V/2A), QC (9V/2A)
For regions that use a voltage of 110V, including Taiwan, North America, and Latin America, the charging supports up to 66W. (80W cannot be supported.)
In-display fingerprint sensor
On screen proximity sensor
On screen optical sensor
Step recording function supported
SIM Card Type
Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac), 802.11a/b/g/n; Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz, Wi-Fi 5.1 GHz, Wi-Fi 5.8 GHz;
Wi-Fi Display and Wi-Fi tethering; 2×2 MIMO; 8 Spatial-stream sounding MU-MIMO
Bluetooth 5.3, Bluetooth Low Energy Bluetooth v5.3(BLE)
Bluetooth Audio Codec
SBC, AAC, aptX HD, and LDAC
Supports reading from and writing to 13.56 MHz NFC cards
Supports NFC-SIM cards (for SIM 1 only) and HCE
GPS, A-GPS, BeiDou, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS
GPS: L1, Galileo: E1, BeiDou: B1l, QZSS: L1
Wi-Fi positioning, mobile network-based positioning, and electronic compass
In the Box
Phone x 1
Charger x 1
USB data cable x 1
SIM Ejector Tool x 1
Safety Guide x 1
Quick Guide x 1
In order to make the front of the phone more compact, we have hidden a light sensor hole at the top of the screen. Screen protectors with poor light transmission, such as those that are colored or darkened, may block the light-sensitive hole and affect the normal use of the phone.
As an international traveller you are entitled to bring a certain amount/value of goods that are free of Customs duty and exempt Goods and Services tax (GST) into New Zealand. This is called your duty free allowance and personal goods concession. It is important to review these for any purchases you make on The Mall.
Your duty free allowance entitles you to bring into New Zealand the following quantities of alcohol products free of customs duty and GST provided you are over 17 years of age. You do need to be 18 years or over to purchase.
- Up to six bottles (4.5 litres) of wine, champagne, port or sherry or
- Up to twelve cans (4.5 litres) of beer
- And three bottles (or other containers) each containing not more than 1125ml of spirits, liqueur, or other spirituous beverages
Goods other than alcohol and tobacco, whether purchased overseas or purchased duty free in New Zealand, that have a combined total value not exceeding NZ$700 may also be brought as part of your personal goods concession.
When travelling overseas there are legal limits on the amount of duty free alcohol and other goods you can take with you. These amounts will vary depending on the country you are flying into. We always recommend you check the latest limits and exemptions.
Your order can be picked up at an Auckland Airport Collection Point. There is one in departures and one at arrivals in the international terminal. Alternatively, if you are arriving between 11pm and 6am you will be able to collect your order from our lockers. See map
Please bring your order confirmation email and your passport. If you are collecting from lockers you will have been sent an email with your access code, be sure to have this on you in order to collect your order.
If you’re departing Auckland Airport, we recommend that you come to the Auckland Airport Collection Point at least 60 minutes before your flight. If you miss your pickup time or your flight details have changed please let us know as soon as possible.
When you collect your order you will have the opportunity to inspect the items and sign for them.
If you need to return an item, our Collection Point team are there to help you. If you are collecting after hours please return the item to your locker and our team will be in touch as soon as possible. You may also like to view our Returns & refunds which provides information on how this works and outlines the individual retailer's returns and refunds policies.
After Hours Collections
If your order needs to be collected after the Auckland Airport Collection Point desk is closed, your order will be placed in the lockers next to the desk. All the details you will need to collect your order will be provided in your Order Confirmation and Ready to Collect Email.