Samsung 980 500GB NVMe PCIe 3.0 M.2 SSD
Samsung NVME SSD 980 - The Smart Choice for NVMe Performance
Samsung is pleased to introduce to you, the newest Samsung V-NAND SSD for client PCs, the Samsung SSD 980 with Samsung's latest 3-bit MLC V-NAND and in-house controller.
Solid NVMe Performance
Samsung NVMe SSD 980 delivers up to 3,500 MB/s and 3,000 MB/s for sequential read and write respectively.1) The performance of 980 is remarkable since this provides outstanding NVMe performance of PCIe 3.0 with DRAMless architecture. Thanks to the Host Memory Buffer (HMB) feature, and upgraded Intelligent TurboWrite 2.0, users can experience the supreme performance for even longer time than the predecessor 970 EVO.
1) Performance may vary depending on SSD's firmware, system hardware & configuration and other factors.
The 980 boasts proven endurance with up to 600 terabytes1) 2) written. Advanced thermal control solutions enhance performance with reduced heat risk. Dynamic Thermal Guard (DTG) technology proactively minimizes overheating, and a heat spreader with an integrated thin copper film dissipates heat more efficiently. A nickel coating on the controller also helps to dissipate heat faster during heavy workload use in order to ensure the high levels of quality and reliability for which Samsung is known.
1) All documented endurance test results are obtained in compliance with JESD218 standards. Please visit www.jedec.org for detailed information.
2) TBW is based on the 1TB capacity.
Optimized Efficiency with whole renovation
Samsung has re-designed every corner of the product from the circuit architecture to passive/active elements. As the result of this optimization, 980 shows an outstanding power efficiency, which means that it shows solid performance even with a low power consumption. 980 provides 54% better power efficiency (Performance/Watt), compared to that of 970 EVO.
Enhanced Software with Full Power Mode support
With the update of Magician 6.3 in March, 980 will support the new feature called Full Power Mode. With this new feature, 980 runs at the peak level for nonstop, consistent high performance. Additionally, 980 features Samsung Data Migration Software, which helps users to move their data easily.
PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.4
Samsung in-house Controller
NAND Flash Memory
Samsung V-NAND 3bit MLC
DRAM Cache Memory
Max 80.15 x Max 22.15 x Max 2.38 (mm)
up to 3,100 MB/s
up to 2,600 MB/s
QD1 Thread 1 - Random Read
up to 17K IOPS
QD1 Thread 1 - Random Write
up to 54K IOPS
QD 32 Thread 16 - Random Read
up to 400K IOPS
QD 32 Thread 16 - Random Write
up to 470K IOPS
Power Consumption 4)
Idle (ASPT on)
up to 45mW
Active (Average) - Read
up to 4.3 W
Active (Average) - Write
up to 4.2 W
up to 5 mW
Temperature - Operating
0°C to 70°C (Measured by S.M.A.R.T. Temperature. Proper airflow recommended)
Temperature - Non-Operating
-40°C to 85°C
5% to 95% non-condensing
Shock - Non-Operating
1,500G(Gravity), durationL 0.5ms, 3 axis
Vibration - Non-Operating
1.5 million hours
TRIM (Required OS support), Garbage Collection, S.M.A.R.T.
AES 256-bit Full Disk Encryption, TCG/Opal V2.0, Encrypted Drive (IEEE1667)
Samsung SSD 980 500GB
1) 1GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes by IDEMA. A certain portion of capacity may be used for system file and maintenance use, thus the actual available capacity may differ from the labeled capacity.
2) Sequential and random performance measurements are based on IOmeter1.1.0. Performance may vary based on SSD's firmware version, system hardware & configuration. Test System: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, DDR4 2133MHz 8GBx2 OS-Windows 10 Pro 64bit Asrock Z-170 Extreme7+
3) Sequential and random write performance was measured with Intelligent TurboWrite technology being activated. Intelligent TurboWrite operates only within a specific data transfer size. Performance may vary depending on SSD's firmware, system hardware & configuration and other factors.
4) Power consumption is measured with IOmeter1.1.0 version with AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8 Core @3.6GHz, DDR4 8GBx2, OS-Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Chipset-GIGABYTE-X570-AORUS MASTER
As an international traveller you are entitled to bring a certain amount/value of goods that are free of Customs duty and exempt Goods and Services tax (GST) into New Zealand. This is called your duty free allowance and personal goods concession. It is important to review these for any purchases you make on The Mall.
Your duty free allowance entitles you to bring into New Zealand the following quantities of alcohol products free of customs duty and GST provided you are over 17 years of age. You do need to be 18 years or over to purchase.
- Up to six bottles (4.5 litres) of wine, champagne, port or sherry or
- Up to twelve cans (4.5 litres) of beer
- And three bottles (or other containers) each containing not more than 1125ml of spirits, liqueur, or other spirituous beverages
Goods other than alcohol and tobacco, whether purchased overseas or purchased duty free in New Zealand, that have a combined total value not exceeding NZ$700 may also be brought as part of your personal goods concession.
When travelling overseas there are legal limits on the amount of duty free alcohol and other goods you can take with you. These amounts will vary depending on the country you are flying into. We always recommend you check the latest limits and exemptions.
Your order can be picked up at an Auckland Airport Collection Point. There is one in departures and one at arrivals in the international terminal. See map
You will need to bring your order confirmation email and show your passport to collect your order.
If you’re departing Auckland Airport, we recommend that you come to the Auckland Airport Collection Point at least 60 minutes before your flight. If you miss your pickup time or your flight details have changed please let us know as soon as possible.
When you collect your order you will have the opportunity to inspect the items and sign for them.
If you need to return an item, our Collection Point team are there to help you. You may also like to view our Returns & refunds which provides information on how this works and outlines the individual retailer's returns and refunds policies.