Synology HAT5310 8T 8TB 3.5" Enterprise HDD
HAT5300 Series 3.5” SATA HDD
High-performance, reliable hard drives for Synology systems
Enterprise storage drives for Synology systems
Synology HAT5300 HDD offers class-leading performance thanks to tight integration with DSM and Synology hardware. With over 500,000 hours of in-house validation testing and backed by Synology’s 5-year limited warranty1, the HAT5300 series brings unmatched reliability to Synology deployments.
Consistent performance scaling
Through testing and optimizations, HAT5300 series HDD has been tuned to deliver up to 23% higher sustained sequential read performance3 in demanding multi-user environments.
Built for peak performance
Over 500,000 hours of stress testing with Synology devices4 ensure that HAT5300 drives can withstand even the most demanding enterprise environments and deliver highly reliable performance.
Effortless firmware updates
Automatic firmware updates through DSM mean that HAT5300 drives always benefit from the latest enhancements.
Durability for 24/7 environments
With an MTTF5 rating of up to 2.5 million hours, the HAT5300 series HDD supports a workload of 550 TB per year and persistent write cache technology to minimize data corruption in the event of sudden power loss.
At Synology, we are committed to product innovation and quality. HAT5300 drives are backed by a 5-year limited warranty that includes technical support and hardware replacement services to maximize your return on investment.
1. The warranty period starts from the purchase date as stated on the receipt of purchase.
2. Maximum sustained data transfer speed of HAT5310-18T drives.
3. Performance testing was conducted by Synology using 12 drives on an SA3600, configured using RAID 5, against similar class drives (Enterprise) with IOMeter (64KB blocks). Results are for reference only. Actual performance may vary depending on workload, testing methods, and how devices and software are configured.
4. Among the HAT5300-4T, HAT5310-8T, HAT5300-12T, HAT5300-16T, and HAT5310-18T drives, 500,000 hours of hard drive tests have been conducted with Synology devices to maximize the compatibility of these drives with Synology devices.
5. Mean Time to Failure (MTTF) is not a guarantee or estimate of product life; it is a statistical value related to mean failure rates for a large number of products which may not accurately reflect actual operation. Actual operating life of the product may be different from the MTTF.
6. Product images are for illustrative purposes only. Actual product may appear with different labeling or housing, which do not affect the performance characteristics of the product.
Total: 8 TB SATA III (6 Gb/s) 3.5" HDD (7200 rpm)
Maximum: 230 MB/s
Maximum: 230 MB/s
Disk Sector Format
Reliability / Data Integrity
Endurance (Total Bytes Written)
Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)
2.5 Million Hours
9.1 W (Active)
6.38 W (Idle)
5 VDC, 12 VDC
41 to 140°F / 5 to 60°C
104 to 158°F / 40 to 70°C
70 G / 2.0 ms
250 G / 2.0 ms
0.75 G / 5 to 300 Hz
3.0 G / 5 to 500 Hz
5 to 90%
5 to 95%
-1,000 to 10,000' / -304.8 to 3048 m
-1,000 to 40,000' / -304.8 to 12,192 m
5.8 x 4.01 x 1" / 147 x 101.85 x 26.1 mm
27.2 oz / 770 g
Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
9.4 x 6.2 x 3"
As an international traveller you are entitled to bring a certain amount/value of goods that are free of Customs duty and exempt Goods and Services tax (GST) into New Zealand. This is called your duty free allowance and personal goods concession. It is important to review these for any purchases you make on The Mall.
Your duty free allowance entitles you to bring into New Zealand the following quantities of alcohol products free of customs duty and GST provided you are over 17 years of age. You do need to be 18 years or over to purchase.
- Up to six bottles (4.5 litres) of wine, champagne, port or sherry or
- Up to twelve cans (4.5 litres) of beer
- And three bottles (or other containers) each containing not more than 1125ml of spirits, liqueur, or other spirituous beverages
Goods other than alcohol and tobacco, whether purchased overseas or purchased duty free in New Zealand, that have a combined total value not exceeding NZ$700 may also be brought as part of your personal goods concession.
When travelling overseas there are legal limits on the amount of duty free alcohol and other goods you can take with you. These amounts will vary depending on the country you are flying into. We always recommend you check the latest limits and exemptions.
Your order can be picked up at an Auckland Airport Collection Point. There is one in departures and one at arrivals in the international terminal. Alternatively, if you are arriving between 11pm and 6am you will be able to collect your order from our lockers. See map
Please bring your order confirmation email and your passport. If you are collecting from lockers you will have been sent an email with your access code, be sure to have this on you in order to collect your order.
If you’re departing Auckland Airport, we recommend that you come to the Auckland Airport Collection Point at least 60 minutes before your flight. If you miss your pickup time or your flight details have changed please let us know as soon as possible.
When you collect your order you will have the opportunity to inspect the items and sign for them.
If you need to return an item, our Collection Point team are there to help you. If you are collecting after hours please return the item to your locker and our team will be in touch as soon as possible. You may also like to view our Returns & refunds which provides information on how this works and outlines the individual retailer's returns and refunds policies.
After Hours Collections
If your order needs to be collected after the Auckland Airport Collection Point desk is closed, your order will be placed in the lockers next to the desk. All the details you will need to collect your order will be provided in your Order Confirmation and Ready to Collect Email.