OPPO A78 5G (2023) 4GB+128GB - Glowing Blue Dual SIM Smartphone
OPPO A78 5G
- 33W SUPERVOOC™
- 5000mAh Long-Lasting Battery
- 50MP AI Camera
- Dual Stereo Speakers
Charge Faster Than Having a Coffee
Never worry about running out of power with 33W SUPERVOOC™¹. Complete battery protection makes charging your phone safer than ever.
Power that Lasts All Day
The high capacity 5000mAh battery³ is a true powerhouse. Super Power Saving Mode and Super Night-time Standby Mode keep you charged all day and night.
With so much RAM you'll be able to run all the apps, games, and videos you need. Our RAM Expansion can convert available ROM to RAM on-demand to support highly demanding apps and reduces lag.
The flagship 7-nanometer, 8 core 2.2GHz processor does more computing while using less power. A powerhouse in your pocket, with speed you won't believe.
Project Your Style
Built to produce eye-catching, spectacular devices to delight every user. OPPO's unique process creates out-of-this-world shimmering colours.
50MP AI Camera
Take crystal-clear, high-resolution pictures with the 50MP main camera. Take your best pictures ever.
AI Portrait Retouching
Intelligent AI identifies age, gender and more to retouch photos in multiple dimensions. Bring out your personal beauty.
108MP Ultra-Clear Image
With 108MP images, details stay sharp and clear no matter how much you zoom in.
With Portrait Mode, you can blur backgrounds, identify object edges, and take incredible portrait photos like a pro.
SoundDual stereo speakers produce a powerful, rich sound that you need to hear to believe. The speakers automatically adapt to your environment to provide the finest surround sound experience ever on a phone. You won't believe your ears.
Proven Quality, Proven Strong
We take extreme measures to test for durability and performance so that every part of your phone stays a class apart!
IPX4 Water Resistance
When your phone is IPX4-grade waterproof, you don't need to worry about a little spill, or even a big one.
Three-Finger Translate with Google Lens
Remarkably easy translation across apps, web pages, and even screenshots - covering more than 100 languages.
Five-Grade Access Control
Customizable peace of mind for data privacy and protection, across apps and functions.
Multi-task with simple switching and cross-use of multiple apps - with full-screen, small and mini windows.
1. The SUPERVOOC word mark and logos are trademarks owned by OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd.
2. This statement is conducted in laboratory conditions. Actual results may vary due to differences in the testing environment.
3. The equivalent battery capacity is 5000mAh (typical value).
4. This statement is conducted in laboratory conditions. Actual results may vary due to differences in the testing environment.
5. RAM Expansion adds virtual RAM to the original physical RAM. The data was collected from the model used in the laboratory test; actual results may vary depending on the model.
6. You can choose 90Hz or 60Hz mode in Settings. When you choose 90Hz mode, some apps will run at a 60Hz refresh rate due to compatibility issues.
7. The data involved here are only laboratory test data, not as a quality guarantee in daily use. The actual situation will vary slightly depending on the test software version, specific test environment, and specific version.
8. Product achieves the industry standard of IPX4 based on tests performed in OPPO labs, not as a quality guarantee in daily use. Do not charge a wet phone. Liquid damage is not covered under warranty.
9. All of the product pictures are for reference only. Certain product specifications and descriptions may change for reasons including but not limited to changes in suppliers. Please refer to the actual product for all criteria.
Size and Weight
* Product size and weight may vary by configuration, manufacturing process and measurements. All specifications are subject to the actual product.
RAM and ROM Capacities
4GB + 128GB
LPDDR4X (2133MHz 2 x 16-bit)
UFS2.2 @ 2Lanes HS-Gear3
Phone Storage Card
* The available internal storage may be smaller as part of the internal storage is occupied by software. Actual memory space may change due to application updates, user operations, and other related factors.
Touch Sampling Rate
Maximum: 90Hz (5 fingers)
Default: 90Hz (5 fingers)
Vivid mode 96% NTSC/100% DCI-P3
Gentle mode 72% NTSC/100% sRGB
16.7 million colors (8-bit)
Standard maximum brightness: 480nits (Typical)
Maximum brightness under sunlight: 600nits (Typical)
Panda glass (Reinforced once)/Caihong glass (Reinforced once)
Main camera: 50MP, f/1.8, FOV 77.07°, 5P lens, AF, open-loop focus motorBlack and white camera: 2MP, f/2.4; FOV 88.8°; lens: 3P + IR; zoom focus
8MP, f/2.0; FOV 77°; lens: 4P, FF
Rear: Night, Videos, Photos, Portrait, Expert, Extra HD, Panoramic, Time-lapse, Slow-motion, Sticker, Text scanner, and Google Lens
Front: Night, Video, Photo, Portrait, Panorama, Time-lapse, Sticker
1080P@30fps or 720P @30fps
1080P@30fps or 720P @30fps
SLO-MO supports 720P (120 fps)
CPU Speed Cores
8 cores, up to 2.2GHz
Mali-G57 MC2 @950Mhz
33W SUPERVOOCTM, VOOC, and PD (9 V/2 A) fast charging protocols are supported
* The SUPERVOOC word mark and logos are trademarks owned by OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd.
Ambient light sensor
SIM Card Type
* Users can choose one SIM to enable a 5G network. The other SIM can be used to make and receive phone calls on 4G networks, as well as earlier generations.
Supports Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac), 802.11a/b/g/n;
Wi-Fi 2.4GHz/Wi-Fi 5.1GHz/Wi-Fi 5.4GHz/Wi-Fi 5.8GHz;
Supports Wi-Fi Display; Wi-Fi network sharing
Bluetooth v5.3, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
Bluetooth Audio Codec
SBC, AAC, aptX, LDAC supported
Built-in GPS, A-GPS, BeiDou, GLONASS, GALILEO and QZSS positioning systems
A-GPS, Wi-Fi, mobile network, and electronic compass
Google Maps and other third-party map apps supported
In the Box
Phone x 1
Charger x 1
USB data cable x 1
SIM Ejector Tool x 1
Safety Guide x 1
Quick Guide x 1
In order to make the front of the phone more compact, the light sensor hole is hidden at the top of the screen. Screen protectors with poor light transmission, such as those that are colored or darkened, may block the light sensor hole and affect the normal use of the phone.
As an international traveller you are entitled to bring a certain amount/value of goods that are free of Customs duty and exempt Goods and Services tax (GST) into New Zealand. This is called your duty free allowance and personal goods concession. It is important to review these for any purchases you make on The Mall.
Your duty free allowance entitles you to bring into New Zealand the following quantities of alcohol products free of customs duty and GST provided you are over 17 years of age. You do need to be 18 years or over to purchase.
- Up to six bottles (4.5 litres) of wine, champagne, port or sherry or
- Up to twelve cans (4.5 litres) of beer
- And three bottles (or other containers) each containing not more than 1125ml of spirits, liqueur, or other spirituous beverages
Goods other than alcohol and tobacco, whether purchased overseas or purchased duty free in New Zealand, that have a combined total value not exceeding NZ$700 may also be brought as part of your personal goods concession.
When travelling overseas there are legal limits on the amount of duty free alcohol and other goods you can take with you. These amounts will vary depending on the country you are flying into. We always recommend you check the latest limits and exemptions.
Your order can be picked up at an Auckland Airport Collection Point. There is one in departures and one at arrivals in the international terminal. Alternatively, if you are arriving between 11pm and 6am you will be able to collect your order from our lockers. See map
Please bring your order confirmation email and your passport. If you are collecting from lockers you will have been sent an email with your access code, be sure to have this on you in order to collect your order.
If you’re departing Auckland Airport, we recommend that you come to the Auckland Airport Collection Point at least 60 minutes before your flight. If you miss your pickup time or your flight details have changed please let us know as soon as possible.
When you collect your order you will have the opportunity to inspect the items and sign for them.
If you need to return an item, our Collection Point team are there to help you. If you are collecting after hours please return the item to your locker and our team will be in touch as soon as possible. You may also like to view our Returns & refunds which provides information on how this works and outlines the individual retailer's returns and refunds policies.
After Hours Collections
If your order needs to be collected after the Auckland Airport Collection Point desk is closed, your order will be placed in the lockers next to the desk. All the details you will need to collect your order will be provided in your Order Confirmation and Ready to Collect Email.