OPPO A98 5G 8GB+256GB - Dreamy Blue Dual SIM Smartphone
67W SUPERVOOCTM, Supercharge Your Day
A charging speed that will make your head spin. Fast charge your phone to 50% in 18 minutes, the time it takes to have a coffee break. And 44 minutes is all you'll need to power up to a full charge and be out the door, your phone ready for hours of calling, work and play.
- 44-minute Charge 100%²
- 5-minute Charge 6 Hours of Calls³
5000mAh Large Battery, The Battery That Keeps on Giving
This big, robust battery will power you through your day, however that might look. Text, talk, stream and game - the 5000mAh capacity means your phone will be there for you, from its morning charge long into the night, and then some.
- Call 39 Hours
- Video 16 Hours
RAM Expansion, Look at All That Room!
8GB of RAM and the Smart RAM Expansion software instantly free up extra computing power to deliver a super smooth experience as you multitask across your phone's apps and games.
- 256GB Big ROM
- 8GB + Up to 8GB Extended RAM
- Up to 1TB Extra Storage
Snapdragon™ 5G SoC by Qualcomm®, The Dragon That Slays
Rev up your apps in a blink but without guzzling power. Advanced 6nm process low-power technology ensures lower power consumption however you use your phone.
- Sub-6 + mmWave Supported
- Up to 2.5 Gbps Download Speed
Dreamy Blue for the dreamer in you, keeping that beautiful blue sky always nearby and the bright delight of a sunny day.
OPPO Glow, Flow with The Glow
OPPO Glow Design brings a gleaming galaxy to your phone, inspiring awe and turning heads. Not just a looker, the smooth shimmering surface also stands tough to fingerprints, scratches and wear. The 3D curved back cover fits like a glove in your hand for a comfortable, sure grip.
Hitting All The High Notes
OPPO A98 5G is a virtuoso, boasting high screen resolution, high pixel density, and high colour saturation for a clear, accurate display. In direct sunlight, screen brightness reaches as high as 680 nits outdoors, so you can even surf and stream in very bright light.
Dual Stereo Speakers, Surround Yourself with Sound
Your ears will love life in stereo and a sound that's louder, clearer and totally immersive. Gaming feels more real while videos and music sound bigger and better.
Ultra-Clear Imaging System
One phone with four cameras equals fabulous photos with a guaranteed wow factor. Get your visual creativity on, deep dive into the micro world or zoom out for the big picture.
1. Maximum output power will be 67W with 200-240V input; Maximum output power will be 55W with 100-130V input. Maximum output power may not be 67W based on different voltage inputs in some regions. The SUPERVOOC word mark and logos are trademarks owned by Guangdong OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd.
2. Based on tests performed in OPPO labs. "100%" is defined as when the battery level displayed on the screen reaches 100%. The actual charging time may vary due to differences in environments or individual devices (such as temperature variations and battery age).
3. This statement, 5-minute charging provides users with 6 hours of calling, is conducted in laboratory conditions. Actual results may vary due to differences in the testing environment.
4. The equivalent battery capacity is 5000mAh (typical value). The image here is for reference only. Please refer to the actual product.
5. This statement is conducted in laboratory conditions. Actual results may vary due to differences in the testing environment.
6. Data provided by OPPO Labs. The current test has completed 1,000 cycles, and battery lifespan is still above 88%. This test is based on the calculation of Reno8 Series for 1,600 charging cycles, and speculation of charging once a day. The battery capacity of this mobile phone still has more than 80%. As these tests were run on a testing device, there may be differences in other environments. Differences in personal usage habits will also lead to different outcomes.
7. RAM Expansion adds virtual RAM to the original physical RAM. The data was collected from the model used in the laboratory test; actual results may vary depending on the model.
8. Storage can be expanded via a MicroSD card. The MicroSD card must be purchased separately.
9. 5G network connection depends on whether the SIM card supports 5G networks, and it also depends on the 5G frequency band and 5G network construction of the user's location. The Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 695 5G Mobile Platform information is obtained from Qualcomm® official website. The image here is for reference only. Please refer to the actual product.
10. "48-Month Fluency Protection" means that through the optimization of software, hardware and other comprehensive technologies, OPPO A98 5G has passed the 48-month fluency testing in OPPO laboratory. "Fluency Protection" does not mean that there is absolutely no lag. Due to factors such as network environment and personal usage, the actual experience may be different. Please refer to the actual experience.
11. Data comes from OPPO laboratory. OPPO laboratory was accredited by CNAS in 2020. The data involved here are only laboratory test data, not as a quality guarantee in daily use. The actual situation will vary slightly depending on the test software version, specific test environment, and specific version.
12. The screen supports up to 120Hz refresh rate. The refresh rate may be different under different apps and scenarios. Please refer to the actual use.
13. Screen size is measured diagonally. OPPO A98 5G's screen size is 17.06cm (6.72") as a full rectangle, and its screen-to-body ratio is 91.4% (active area). In actual circumstances, the data will differ slightly, depending on the specific testing method and testing environment.
14. 64MP AI Camera only refers to the main rear camera lens.
15. AI Colour Portrait of OPPO A98 5G only functions on front camera.
16. Microlens camera magnification refers to the ratio of the size of an object on the screen to its actual size.
17. Auto Pixelate supports Messenger and WhatsApp. The on-device algorithm does not access the content of chat messages.
18. Product features and interface contents (including but not limited to UI, UX, background) displayed on the full site are provided for reference only. Please refer to the actual product. Please contact local carriers and sales service for detailed information.
19. The product pictures on the full site are for reference only. Please refer to the actual product.
Size and Weight
* Product size and weight may vary by configuration, manufacturing process and measurements. All specifications are subject to the actual product.
RAM and ROM Capacities
8GB + 256GB
LPDDR4X (2133MHz 4 x 16-bit)
UFS 2.2 @ 1Lanes Gear3
Phone Storage Card
* The available internal storage may be smaller as part of the internal storage is occupied by software. Actual memory space may change due to application updates, user operations, and other related factors.
Touch Sampling Rate
Vivid mode: 96%NTSC/100% DCI-P3
Gentle mode: 71%NTSC/100% sRGB
16.7 million colors (8-bit)
Standard maximum brightness: 550nits (Typical)
Maximum brightness under sunlight: 680nits
Panda 1681 secondary tempered glass
Main camera: 64MP; f/1.7; FOV 79°; 6P lens; AF support;
MONO: 2MP; f/2.4; FOV 89°; 3P lens;
Microscope: 2MP; f/3.3; FOV 65°; 3P lens, 5.5mm shooting, 20x/40x zoom in
32MP; f/2.4; FOV 89°; 5P lens; FF
Rear: Nightscape, Photos, Videos, PRO, PANO, Portrait, Time-lapse, SLO-MO, Text scanner, Google Lens, Extra HD, Macro, Sticker, Dual-view video, Microscope
Front: Photos, Videos, PANO, Nightscape, Time-lapse, Sticker
Up to 1080P@30fps
Video zoom: 1080P/720P@30fps
1080P@30fps or 720P@30fps (default)
Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 695 (SDM 695)
Licensed by Qualcomm
8 cores, up to 2.2GHz
Adreno™ 619 @840MHz
Typical value: 5000mAh/19.45Wh
Rated value: 4880mAh/18.98Wh
67W SUPERVOOCTM, VOOC, and PD (9V/2A)
* The SUPERVOOC word mark and logos are trademarks owned by OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd.
Slit light sensing
Step recording function
SIM Card Type
Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac), 802.11a/b/g/n/;
WLAN 2.4G/WLAN 5.1G/WLAN 5.8G;
Wi-Fi Display is supported; Wi-Fi network sharing
Bluetooth® v5.1, Bluetooth® Low Energy
Bluetooth® Audio Codec
SBC, AAC, aptX HD, LDAC
Beidou: B1I; GPS: L1; GLONASS: G1; Galileo: E1; QZSS: L1 are supported
AGPS assisted positioning, wireless LAN, cellular network positioning are supported
In the Box
Phone x 1
Charger x 1
USB data cable x 1
SIM Ejector Tool x 1
Quick Guide x 1
Safety Guide x 1
In order to make the front of the phone more compact, the light sensor hole is hidden at the top of the screen. Screen protectors with poor light transmission, such as those that are colored or darkened, may block the light sensor hole and affect the normal use of the phone.
As an international traveller you are entitled to bring a certain amount/value of goods that are free of Customs duty and exempt Goods and Services tax (GST) into New Zealand. This is called your duty free allowance and personal goods concession. It is important to review these for any purchases you make on The Mall.
Your duty free allowance entitles you to bring into New Zealand the following quantities of alcohol products free of customs duty and GST provided you are over 17 years of age. You do need to be 18 years or over to purchase.
- Up to six bottles (4.5 litres) of wine, champagne, port or sherry or
- Up to twelve cans (4.5 litres) of beer
- And three bottles (or other containers) each containing not more than 1125ml of spirits, liqueur, or other spirituous beverages
Goods other than alcohol and tobacco, whether purchased overseas or purchased duty free in New Zealand, that have a combined total value not exceeding NZ$700 may also be brought as part of your personal goods concession.
When travelling overseas there are legal limits on the amount of duty free alcohol and other goods you can take with you. These amounts will vary depending on the country you are flying into. We always recommend you check the latest limits and exemptions.
Your order can be picked up at an Auckland Airport Collection Point. There is one in departures and one at arrivals in the international terminal. Alternatively, if you are arriving between 11pm and 6am you will be able to collect your order from our lockers. See map
Please bring your order confirmation email and your passport. If you are collecting from lockers you will have been sent an email with your access code, be sure to have this on you in order to collect your order.
If you’re departing Auckland Airport, we recommend that you come to the Auckland Airport Collection Point at least 60 minutes before your flight. If you miss your pickup time or your flight details have changed please let us know as soon as possible.
When you collect your order you will have the opportunity to inspect the items and sign for them.
If you need to return an item, our Collection Point team are there to help you. If you are collecting after hours please return the item to your locker and our team will be in touch as soon as possible. You may also like to view our Returns & refunds which provides information on how this works and outlines the individual retailer's returns and refunds policies.
After Hours Collections
If your order needs to be collected after the Auckland Airport Collection Point desk is closed, your order will be placed in the lockers next to the desk. All the details you will need to collect your order will be provided in your Order Confirmation and Ready to Collect Email.