OPPO A78 (2023) Dual SIM Smartphone - Aqua Green 8GB+128GB
Shine Bright With Diamond Light, Diamond Matrix Design
Dive into the dreamy, rippling, and shimmering diamond textures, with this first-of-its kind design for OPPO. This stunning phone is a sure-fire style statement, reminiscent of sunlight through crystal clear waters.
Taking inspiration from shimmering lakes and sultry seas, this shade has a calm energy that will give you an instant connection to the beauty of the natural world.
Iconic Imaging Module, Minimalist Runway Design
This dynamic, fashion forward design feature would be right at home on the catwalk. The contrasting texture of this smart glossy strip highlights the professional camera module and creates a modern, minimalist vibe.
Featherlight And Fabulous, Ultra Slim Retro Design
Clean lines and sharp finishes underpin this cool retro design. Weighing the same as 3 eggs and a whole lot less fragile, the ultra slim body is as elegant as it is durable, feeling almost weightless in your pocket or hand.
*The thickness of 7.93mm only applies for Mist Black. The thickness of Aqua Green is approximately 7.99mm.
Ready In A Flash, 67W SUPERVOOCTM
Whether you've got to get to work, leave to collect the kids or meet your friends, you'll not be left waiting with this ultra-fast flash charging, taking you to 43% in just 15 minutes.
Behaviour Based Battery Charging, Optimised All-Day Charging
If you leave your phone on charge for long periods, this super smart phone will reflect your routines, prompting you to switch on optimised all-day charging to protect your battery health. Your phone will charge to 80% then pause, restarting charging to get to full power just in time for when you need to leave.
A Battery Built To Last, 5000mAh Large Battery with Battery Health Engine
Scroll, game, snap, watch and chat for longer with the powerful 5000mAh battery. Plus, the Battery Health Engine helps your battery remain good as new for over four years' daily uses.
RAM-p Up Performance, 8GB + 8GB RAM Expansion
Use up to a massive 8GB of storage memory as RAM to increase your phone's performance and run all your apps super smoothly, no matter how full on your life gets.
Be A Super Smoothie, Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 680
Play, listen, watch, film and photograph, enjoying each and every moment in life perfectly, with the optimised smoothness of Snapdragon's top quality 4G chip.
Unlock The Amazing, In-Display Fingerprint Unlock
This phone features a newly upgraded In-Display Fingerprint Unlock which makes the frame design sleeker, without compromising on your favourite efficiency feature.
The Cool Camera Collective
The trio of amazing cameras has all bases covered, from the 50MP AI Main Camera and dedicated Depth Camera taking in every memory in minute detail, to the HDR-supported Selfie Camera capturing your lovely smile to perfection.
Fearless sharing, Auto Pixelate
By utilising a powerful on-device algorithm model, Auto Pixelate can automatically recognise and pixelate profile photos and names in chat screenshots with one tap, for worry-free social sharing.
Cashless Convenience, NFC
Simply touch your e-Money card to the back of your phone so you can quickly and easily check your balance, recharge your card and more. Plus, in some countries and regions our NFC tech works with Google Pay for even more convenient cashless payments!
*Third-party apps need to be downloaded for inquiries and recharge with e-Money card.
Translation On Tap, Screen Translate
Studying, shopping or exploring websites in another language? Translate the entire screen to your native tongue in a single tap. It's the simplest way to bring the world to your door.
Splatters Don't Matter, IP54 Resistance Rating
Dribbled your drink? The IP54 rating means this phone can handle everyday "oops" moments when something splashes on your phone, offering protection from every direction.
1. The Diamond Matrix Design of OPPO A78 only applies on model Aqua Green.
2. The thickness and weight of OPPO A78 are based on data collected in OPPO labs. The actual size and weight may vary depending on the manufacturing process and measurement method.
3. The SUPERVOOC word mark and logos are trademarks owned by OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd. Maximum output power will be 67W with 200-240V input; Maximum output power will be 55W with 100-130V input. Maximum output power may not be 67W based on different voltage inputs in some regions.
4. Based on tests performed in OPPO labs. The actual charging time may vary due to differences in environments or individual devices (such as temperature variations and battery age).
5. Based on tests performed in OPPO labs. "100%" is defined as when the battery level displayed on the screen reaches 100%. The actual charging time may vary due to differences in environments or individual devices (such as temperature variations and battery age).
6. Optimised All-Day Charging needs to be manually turned on in Settings."80%" is defined as when the battery level displayed on the screen reaches 80%.
7. The equivalent battery capacity is 5000mAh (typical value). The image here is for reference only. Please refer to the actual product. Data comes from tests performed in OPPO labs testing conducted in laboratory conditions. Actual results may vary due to differences in the testing environment.
8. The battery capacity retention rate on this model has been proved to be remained more than 88% after 1000 charge and discharge cycles of the current measurement. Tests have been performed in OPPO labs. Based on the data of Reno8 series, the battery will have a battery capacity retention rate of more than 80% after 1,600 cycles which is approximately equivalent to 4 years of use according to OPPO labs' simulation of the user's daily behaviour (full charging-discharging once a day).
9. RAM Expansion adds virtual RAM to the original physical RAM. The data was collected from the model used in the laboratory test; actual results may vary depending on the model.
10. Snapdragon is a trademark or registered trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated. The Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 680 Mobile Platform information is obtained from Snapdragon® official website.
11. "48-Month Fluency Protection" means that through the optimization of software, hardware, and other comprehensive technologies, OPPO A78 has passed the 48-month fluency testing in OPPO laboratory. "Fluency Protection" does not mean that there is absolutely no lag. Due to factors such as network environment and personal usage, the actual experience may be different.
12. 600nit screen brightness could be automatically adapted under bright sunlight. The peak brightness of OPPO A78's AMOLED screen can reach up to 800nit. The maximum level of manually adaptive brightness is 430nit.
13. Auto Pixelate supports Messenger and WhatsApp. Auto Pixelate may only be available after an OTA update due to the differences in software versions. Please refer to the actual situation. The on-device algorithm does not access the content of chat messages.
14. Data comes from OPPO laboratory. OPPO laboratory was accredited by CNAS in 2020. The data involved here are only laboratory test data, not as a quality guarantee in daily use. The actual situation will vary slightly depending on the test software version, specific test environment, and specific version.
15. Product pictures are for reference only. Please refer to the actual product. Certain product specifications and descriptions may change due to reasons such as changes in suppliers or manufacturers. The data on the page is from OPPO-designed technical parameters, and test data is collected from laboratories and suppliers. In actual circumstances, the data will differ slightly, depending on the test software version, specific testing environment, and specific versions.
Size and Weight
Mist Black: about 7.93mm
Aqua Green: about 7.99mm
* Product size and weight may vary by configuration, manufacturing process and measurements. All specifications are subject to the actual product.
RAM and ROM Capacities
8GB + 128GB
LPDDR4x @ 2133MHz, 2 x 16-bit
UFS 2.2 @ 2-Lanes Gear 3
Phone Storage Card
* The available internal storage may be smaller as part of the internal storage is occupied by software. Actual memory space may change due to application updates, user operations, and other related factors.
Touch Sampling Rate
Default 120Hz, Maximum 180Hz
Vivid mode: 98% NTSC, 95% DCI-P3 (coverage)
Gentle mode: sRGB
16.7 million colors (8-bit)
Corning Gorilla Glass 5 (GG5)
Main camera: 50MP; f/1.8; FOV 77°; 5P lens; AF supported, open ring focus, OIS not supported
Portrait 1 and 2: 2MP; f/2.4; FOV 89°; 3P + IR lens; FF prime
8MP; f/2.0; FOV of 83°; 4P lens, incapable of AF
Rear: Photos, videos, night, expert, panoramic, portrait, time-lapse, slow-motion, super text, Google lens, extra HD, multi-scene recording, and cute
Front: Photos, videos, panoramic, portrait, night, time-lapse, multi-scene recording, cute, beauty, and exposure compensation
EIS videos: 1080P/720P@30fps
Video zoom: 1080P/720P@30fps
Slow-motion videos: 720P@120fps
Time-lapse videos: 1080P@30fps
Multi-scene recording: 720P@30fps
Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 680
Licensed by Qualcomm
CPU Speed Cores
Adreno™ 610 @ 1115MHz
Typical value: 5000mAh/19.35Wh
Rated value: 4890mAh/18.92Wh
* The SUPERVOOC word mark and logos are trademarks owned by OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd.
In-display optical sensor
SIM Card Type
Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac), 802.11a/b/g/n;
WLAN 2.4G/WLAN 5.1G/WLAN 5.8G;
WLAN Display; WLAN network sharing
Bluetooth® v5.0, Bluetooth® Low Energy
Bluetooth® Audio Codec
SBC, AAC, and aptX HD supported and LDAC not supported
Beidou: B1I + B1C + B2a; GPS: L1; GLONASS: G1; Galileo: E1; QZSS: L1
Assisted GPS (A-GPS); WLAN and cellular network positioning
Google Maps and other third-party map apps
In the Box
Phone x 1
Charger x 1
USB Data Cable x 1
SIM Ejector Tool x 1
Quick Guide x 1
Safety Guide x 1
In order to make the front of the phone more compact, the light sensor hole is hidden at the top of the screen. Screen protectors with poor light transmission, such as those that are colored or darkened, may block the light sensor hole and affect the normal use of the phone.
As an international traveller you are entitled to bring a certain amount/value of goods that are free of Customs duty and exempt Goods and Services tax (GST) into New Zealand. This is called your duty free allowance and personal goods concession. It is important to review these for any purchases you make on The Mall.
Your duty free allowance entitles you to bring into New Zealand the following quantities of alcohol products free of customs duty and GST provided you are over 17 years of age. You do need to be 18 years or over to purchase.
- Up to six bottles (4.5 litres) of wine, champagne, port or sherry or
- Up to twelve cans (4.5 litres) of beer
- And three bottles (or other containers) each containing not more than 1125ml of spirits, liqueur, or other spirituous beverages
Goods other than alcohol and tobacco, whether purchased overseas or purchased duty free in New Zealand, that have a combined total value not exceeding NZ$700 may also be brought as part of your personal goods concession.
When travelling overseas there are legal limits on the amount of duty free alcohol and other goods you can take with you. These amounts will vary depending on the country you are flying into. We always recommend you check the latest limits and exemptions.
Your order can be picked up at an Auckland Airport Collection Point. There is one in departures and one at arrivals in the international terminal. Alternatively, if you are arriving between 11pm and 6am you will be able to collect your order from our lockers. See map
Please bring your order confirmation email and your passport. If you are collecting from lockers you will have been sent an email with your access code, be sure to have this on you in order to collect your order.
If you’re departing Auckland Airport, we recommend that you come to the Auckland Airport Collection Point at least 60 minutes before your flight. If you miss your pickup time or your flight details have changed please let us know as soon as possible.
When you collect your order you will have the opportunity to inspect the items and sign for them.
If you need to return an item, our Collection Point team are there to help you. If you are collecting after hours please return the item to your locker and our team will be in touch as soon as possible. You may also like to view our Returns & refunds which provides information on how this works and outlines the individual retailer's returns and refunds policies.
After Hours Collections
If your order needs to be collected after the Auckland Airport Collection Point desk is closed, your order will be placed in the lockers next to the desk. All the details you will need to collect your order will be provided in your Order Confirmation and Ready to Collect Email.