OPPO A38 (2023) 4GB+128GB Glowing Gold Dual SIM Smartphone
On The Move In Minutes, 33W SUPERVOOCTM 5000mAh Large Battery
Whether you need to hit the shops, make a meetup or be there for your besties, speedy charging and reliable battery will see your phone ready to be there, in a flash.
Run Smoother For Longer, 36-Month Fluency
A dedicated gaming chipset and smart computing engine maintain peak performance under pressure. Plus 'like new' phone performance now lasts longer with 36 month fluency tests passed in style.
- Up to 4GB Extended RAM
- Up to 1TB of Extra Storage
- Dynamic Computing Engine
See The Brighter Side Of Life, 90Hz Sunlight Display
Go lighter and brighter, turning up your screen so you can see easily in the sun and your screen runs smoothly, all without killing your battery or straining your sight.
300% Volume Brings 300% Joy, Ultra-Volume Mode
Catch an important call in a crowded space or get the party vibes flowing, Ultra-Volume delivers amazing sound quality with up to 300% louder output.
50MP AI Camera
Unveil new levels of beauty and detail in your pictures, with amazingly clear images from the 50MP AI Camera.
AI Portrait Retouching
Restore your most beautiful, natural looks with the help of upgraded AI Portrait Retouching.
OPPO Glow Design
Glittering high-end textures draw every eye to your phone whenever you take it out.
Choose the glowing gold for a splash of sunlight and shimmering halos.Glittering high-end textures draw every eye to your phone whenever you take it out.
Really Strict Tests
Have confidence that your shiny new phone is as life-proof as it is good looking. It's dustproof, waterproof, and stress tested to the max.
- IPX4 Water Resistance
- IP5X Dust Resistance
- 20,000 USB Plug-In Stress Tests
- 150,000 Volume Button Stress Tests
- 500,000 Power Button Stress Tests
Experience the convenience of swift transactions with heightened security, eliminating the need for cash or credit cards.
Deep Phone Optimizer
Say yes to smarter storage management and keep peak performance with the built-in system clean-up function.
Three-Finger Translate with Google Lens
Understand the world's wonders in a single touch, thanks to Three-Finger Translate with Google Lens.
Five-Grade Access Control
Take control of your privacy with Five-Grade Access Control. Only share what you want to.
1. 33W SUPERVOOC means that the output power of the charger is 33W. The actual output power may vary due to different environments. The SUPERVOOC word mark and logos are trademarks owned by Guangdong OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd.
2. 5000mAh is the typical value of battery capacity. The rated capacity is 4880mAh.
3. The data presented on these pages comes from OPPO technical specifications, as well as test data from the laboratories and from suppliers. In actual circumstances, the data will differ slightly, depending on the test software version, testing environment, and device version.
4. '36-Month Fluency' means that through the optimization of software, hardware and other comprehensive technologies, the device has passed the 36-month fluency testing in OPPO laboratory. It does not mean that there is absolutely no lag. Due to factors such as network environment and personal usage, the actual experience may be different. Please refer to the actual experience.
5. 4GB Extended RAM is realized by software. Certain product specifications and descriptions may change due to reasons like changes in suppliers. For instance, RAM/ROM availability may vary depending on country or carrier.
6. Storage can be expanded via a MicroSD card. The MicroSD card must be purchased separately.
7. 90Hz refresh rate may not adapt to all mobile phone usage scenarios.
8. 720nits at HBM (High Brightness Mode). In case the auto brightness is open in the setting. When the display is exposed to ambient light or direct sunlight, it may increase up to 720nits brightness. The brightness values may differ depending on the angle of light.
9. Based on tests performed in OPPO labs, not as a quality guarantee in daily use. The actual situation will vary slightly depending on the specific test environment.
10. Shooting of scene image is affected by the ambient light. Actual performance of the phone may vary depending on the ambient lighting condition.
11. Product pictures are for reference only. Please refer to the actual product.
12. Product features and interface contents (including but not limited to UI, UX, background) displayed on the full site are provided for reference only. Please refer to the actual product. Please contact local carriers and sales service for detailed information.
Size and Weight
* Product size and weight may vary by configuration, manufacturing process and measurements. All specifications are subject to the actual product.
RAM and ROM Capacities
LPDDR4x @ 1800MHz 2×16bit
Phone Storage Card
* The available internal storage may be smaller as part of the internal storage is occupied by software. Actual memory space may change due to application updates, user operations, and other related factors.
Touch Sampling Rate
Vivid mode: 100% DCI-P3
Gentle mode: 100% sRGB
16.7 million colors
Max in direct sunlight: 720nits
Main camera: 50MP; f/1.8; FOV 75.5°; 5P lens; AF supported
Mono camera: 2MP; f/2.4; FOV 89.1°; 3P lens; fixed-focus
5MP; f/2.2; FOV 76.8°; 3P lens; FF supported
Rear: Night, Video, Photo, Portrait, Time-lapse, PRO, PANO, Sticker, and Google Lens
Front: Video, Photo, Portrait, Time-lapse, PANO, and Sticker
MediaTek Helio G85
CPU Speed Cores
8 cores, up to 2.0GHz
Mali G52 MC2 @1000MHz
Typical value: 5000mAh/19.55Wh
Rated value: 4880mAh/19.09Wh
VOOC, 33W SUPERVOOCTM, and PD (9V/1.5A)
* The SUPERVOOC word mark and logos are trademarks owned by OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Corp., Ltd.
Optical proximity sensor
SIM Card Type
Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac), 802.11a/b/g/n/;
WLAN 2.4G/WLAN 5G;
WLAN Display; WLAN tethering; 1x1SOSO; Wi-Fi 5GHz 80MHz
Bluetooth® 5.3, Bluetooth® Low Energy
Bluetooth® Audio Codec
SBC, AAC, aptX HD, and LDAC
* NFC support depends on the regions.
Beidou: B11; GPS: L1; GLONASS: G1; Galileo: E1; QZSS: L1
Assisted GPS (A-GPS); WLAN and cellular network positioning
Google Maps and other third-party map apps
In the Box
Phone x 1
Charger x 1
USB Data Cable x 1
SIM Ejector Tool x 1
Quick Guide x 1
Safety Guide x 1
Protective Case x 1
In order to make the front of the phone more compact, the light sensor hole is hidden at the top of the screen. Screen protectors with poor light transmission, such as those that are colored or darkened, may block the light sensor hole and affect the normal use of the phone.
As an international traveller you are entitled to bring a certain amount/value of goods that are free of Customs duty and exempt Goods and Services tax (GST) into New Zealand. This is called your duty free allowance and personal goods concession. It is important to review these for any purchases you make on The Mall.
Your duty free allowance entitles you to bring into New Zealand the following quantities of alcohol products free of customs duty and GST provided you are over 17 years of age. You do need to be 18 years or over to purchase.
- Up to six bottles (4.5 litres) of wine, champagne, port or sherry or
- Up to twelve cans (4.5 litres) of beer
- And three bottles (or other containers) each containing not more than 1125ml of spirits, liqueur, or other spirituous beverages
Goods other than alcohol and tobacco, whether purchased overseas or purchased duty free in New Zealand, that have a combined total value not exceeding NZ$700 may also be brought as part of your personal goods concession.
When travelling overseas there are legal limits on the amount of duty free alcohol and other goods you can take with you. These amounts will vary depending on the country you are flying into. We always recommend you check the latest limits and exemptions.
Your order can be picked up at an Auckland Airport Collection Point. There is one in departures and one at arrivals in the international terminal. Alternatively, if you are arriving between 11pm and 6am you will be able to collect your order from our lockers. See map
Please bring your order confirmation email and your passport. If you are collecting from lockers you will have been sent an email with your access code, be sure to have this on you in order to collect your order.
If you’re departing Auckland Airport, we recommend that you come to the Auckland Airport Collection Point at least 60 minutes before your flight. If you miss your pickup time or your flight details have changed please let us know as soon as possible.
When you collect your order you will have the opportunity to inspect the items and sign for them.
If you need to return an item, our Collection Point team are there to help you. If you are collecting after hours please return the item to your locker and our team will be in touch as soon as possible. You may also like to view our Returns & refunds which provides information on how this works and outlines the individual retailer's returns and refunds policies.
After Hours Collections
If your order needs to be collected after the Auckland Airport Collection Point desk is closed, your order will be placed in the lockers next to the desk. All the details you will need to collect your order will be provided in your Order Confirmation and Ready to Collect Email.